Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Will the MS press books enough to get MCSD.NET

Reply
Thread Tools

Will the MS press books enough to get MCSD.NET

 
 
KP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-26-2004
Hi,

I bought all the books for MCSD.NEt.
Dev.Win.apps using VB.NEt and VS.net
Dev.WEb. apps using VB.net and VS.net
Dev.XML web services
Defining solution architectures for .NEt..

all are MS press books. Is it enough to give a test after
reading them..
do i need to go through the MSDN also before giving the
test.
I have 3 yrs.of exp. in VB..
I dont have any exp. in .NEt..
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
KP
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
General Protection Fault
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-26-2004
KP wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I bought all the books for MCSD.NEt.
> Dev.Win.apps using VB.NEt and VS.net
> Dev.WEb. apps using VB.net and VS.net
> Dev.XML web services
> Defining solution architectures for .NEt..
>
> all are MS press books. Is it enough to give a test after
> reading them..


No. The MS Press books are incomplete.

> do i need to go through the MSDN also before giving the
> test.


Go to www.codeclinic.com at read those links at a minimum.

> I have 3 yrs.of exp. in VB..
> I dont have any exp. in .NEt..


No experience in .NET? Why are you pursuing certification?

> any help would be greatly appreciated.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?THVtYmVyZw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
I have used these books and so far have passed 306 and 315. My advice is to do the labs (especially if you have no experience) and take the practice exams as often as possible until you are scoring above 90%. For the topics you don't quite understand after going through the book, try the help and its examples. The books for the most part should suffice.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lumberg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2004

>-----Original Message-----
>I have used these books and so far have passed 306 and

315. My advice is to do the labs (especially if you have
no experience) and take the practice exams as often as
possible until you are scoring above 90%. For the topics
you don't quite understand after going through the book,
try the help and its examples. The books for the most
part should suffice.
>.
>


I forgot. Copy the ebook locally and sell the physical
books back via Amazon.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lorne Smith
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2004
"Lumberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:927f01c3eac0$10340190$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >I have used these books and so far have passed 306 and

> 315. My advice is to do the labs (especially if you have
> no experience) and take the practice exams as often as
> possible until you are scoring above 90%. For the topics
> you don't quite understand after going through the book,
> try the help and its examples. The books for the most
> part should suffice.
> >.
> >

>
> I forgot. Copy the ebook locally and sell the physical
> books back via Amazon.


Such an action would be illegal. When selling copyrighted material, you
cannot retain ANY part of the copyrighted material, including any including
electronic copies...

Lorne



 
Reply With Quote
 
Unknown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-10-2004
MOC cover 85% of the material required for MS exams

Roger





"KP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:464501c3e42e$01141df0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I bought all the books for MCSD.NEt.
> Dev.Win.apps using VB.NEt and VS.net
> Dev.WEb. apps using VB.net and VS.net
> Dev.XML web services
> Defining solution architectures for .NEt..
>
> all are MS press books. Is it enough to give a test after
> reading them..
> do i need to go through the MSDN also before giving the
> test.
> I have 3 yrs.of exp. in VB..
> I dont have any exp. in .NEt..
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> KP



 
Reply With Quote
 
Paras Wadehra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-10-2004
What is MOC?

--
Paras
Your One Stop Entertainment Guide - http://www.paras.2ya.com/


"Unknown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_M9Wb.13902$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> MOC cover 85% of the material required for MS exams
>
> Roger
>
>
>
>
>
> "KP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:464501c3e42e$01141df0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I bought all the books for MCSD.NEt.
> > Dev.Win.apps using VB.NEt and VS.net
> > Dev.WEb. apps using VB.net and VS.net
> > Dev.XML web services
> > Defining solution architectures for .NEt..
> >
> > all are MS press books. Is it enough to give a test after
> > reading them..
> > do i need to go through the MSDN also before giving the
> > test.
> > I have 3 yrs.of exp. in VB..
> > I dont have any exp. in .NEt..
> > any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > KP

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Canon XT - doing full press without wating at half-press Wolfgang Weisselberg Digital Photography 0 10-25-2010 01:37 AM
Re: Canon XT - doing full press without wating at half-press Ray Fischer Digital Photography 0 10-24-2010 06:06 AM
are the MS press publications enough? michael_quinlivan@hotmail.com MCSA 3 08-22-2005 09:16 AM
Books, books, books: best reference texts for Verilog and VHDL HDL Book Seller VHDL 0 12-01-2004 02:26 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM



Advertisments