Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Discountinued exams

Discountinued exams

Nat

Example for exam 70-176.
"This exam is scheduled to be discontinued on June 30,
2004"

Does it means that just the content of the exam will be
modified ?
OR
It will be replaced by the 70-306 or another exam ?

Thx
Nat

Cindy Winegarden

In news: 0bc101c3deda$cc7d5af0$(E-Mail Removed),
Nat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Example for exam 70-176.
> "This exam is scheduled to be discontinued on June 30,
> 2004"
>
> Does it means that just the content of the exam will be
> modified ?
> OR
> It will be replaced by the 70-306 or another exam ?

It means that the exam will not be available and you cannot take it. It
won't be "replaced" in that there will no longer be any exams pertaining to
Visual Studio 6. Also, you will no longer be able to get a MCSD
certificaiton based on Visual Studio 6 exams. If you take the exam (or all
the exams for the VS6 MCSD) before June 30 then you will not "lose" your
certification, but will continue to be certified indefinitely.

I don't consider the .NET exams to be "replacements" for the VS6 exams -
VS.NET is pretty much a whole different animal.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com