Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Make problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Make problem

 
 
foodic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2005
I am new to make file concepts. All I need to know whether
Is it possible to extract missing directories in the source
while executing make -n?For example missing text-utils directory in my
source.Or any option available in make that
will throw error messages about missing directories when using make -n
?

Thanks in advance

Divya

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joe Wright
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2005
foodic wrote:
> I am new to make file concepts. All I need to know whether
> Is it possible to extract missing directories in the source
> while executing make -n?For example missing text-utils directory in my
> source.Or any option available in make that
> will throw error messages about missing directories when using make -n
> ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Divya
>


You are lost. comp.lang.c is not the right place. comp.programming perhaps?
--
Joe Wright (E-Mail Removed)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
--- Albert Einstein ---
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Keith Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2005
Joe Wright <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> foodic wrote:
>> I am new to make file concepts. All I need to know whether
>> Is it possible to extract missing directories in the source
>> while executing make -n?For example missing text-utils directory in my
>> source.Or any option available in make that
>> will throw error messages about missing directories when using make -n
>> ?

>
> You are lost. comp.lang.c is not the right place. comp.programming perhaps?


Or comp.unix.programmer.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe Wright
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2005
Keith Thompson wrote:
> Joe Wright <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>>foodic wrote:
>>
>>>I am new to make file concepts. All I need to know whether
>>>Is it possible to extract missing directories in the source
>>>while executing make -n?For example missing text-utils directory in my
>>>source.Or any option available in make that
>>>will throw error messages about missing directories when using make -n
>>>?

>>
>>You are lost. comp.lang.c is not the right place. comp.programming perhaps?

>
>
> Or comp.unix.programmer.
>


Make is not specific to Unix either. I've used various flavors as far
back as CP/M in the 80's. Anything with a command shell is a suspect
target for a make program.
--
Joe Wright (E-Mail Removed)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
--- Albert Einstein ---
 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2005
Joe Wright <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Keith Thompson wrote:
>> Joe Wright <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>foodic wrote:
>>>
>>>>I am new to make file concepts. All I need to know whether
>>>>Is it possible to extract missing directories in the source
>>>>while executing make -n?For example missing text-utils directory in my
>>>>source.Or any option available in make that
>>>>will throw error messages about missing directories when using make -n
>>>>?
>>>
>>>You are lost. comp.lang.c is not the right place. comp.programming perhaps?

>> Or comp.unix.programmer.

>
> Make is not specific to Unix either. I've used various flavors as far
> back as CP/M in the 80's. Anything with a command shell is a suspect
> target for a make program.


Sure, but its origins are on Unix, and the folks in
comp.unix.programmer are likely to be willing and able to help.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (E-Mail Removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
compiling 'make' w/o 'make' (?) jalqadir@gmail.com C++ 4 11-24-2007 02:53 PM
How to test python extension modules during 'make check' / 'make distcheck'? Mark Asbach Python 1 11-03-2006 02:29 AM
How does one make use of sub files to make DVD? Bun Mui DVD Video 0 05-21-2006 03:24 PM
How does one make use of sub files to make DVD? Bun Mui Computer Support 0 05-21-2006 03:09 PM
Anyone know how to make XP make a sound when typing? Like old dumb terminals? Fire Computer Support 6 02-17-2004 12:56 AM



Advertisments