Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Suitable searching techniques for my parser...

Suitable searching techniques for my parser...

jatin.libra@gmail.com

helloo
iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
thousands of lines...
ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
in every line.
just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

Chris McDonald

>helloo
> iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
>thousands of lines...
>ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
>data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
>in every line.
>just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
>or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this newsgroup,
specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned a sorting technique.

--
Chris.

anu

Chris McDonald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<d35ig0$a9a$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
>
> >helloo
> > iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
> >thousands of lines...
> >ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
> >data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
> >in every line.
> >just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
> >or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

> Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this newsgroup,
> specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned a sorting technique.

thats cause iam trying to implement it using C dude.
as of now iam trying to use Binary search but i just wanted to know if
there are any faster search algorithms

CBFalconer

anu wrote:
> Chris McDonald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
>>
>>> iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
>>> thousands of lines... ie i have an open fifo from which i keep
>>> receiving lines and lines of data and iam supposed to search for
>>> a few strings(around 50 strings) in every line. just wanted to
>>> take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use... or if u
>>> guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

>> Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this
>> newsgroup, specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned
>> a sorting technique.

> thats cause iam trying to implement it using C dude.
> as of now iam trying to use Binary search but i just wanted to
> know if there are any faster search algorithms

You aren't making points here. First you post off-topic, after
failing to find out what the subject of the newsgroup is. You use
foolish abbreviations, in order to annoy further. Then you argue
about what the group discusses. You also start multiple threads
with the same query.

sathyashrayan

"CBFalconer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> anu wrote:
> > Chris McDonald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >> Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this
> >> newsgroup, specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned
> >> a sorting technique.

> > thats cause iam trying to implement it using C dude.
> > as of now iam trying to use Binary search but i just wanted to
> > know if there are any faster search algorithms

> You aren't making points here. First you post off-topic, after
> failing to find out what the subject of the newsgroup is. You use
> foolish abbreviations, in order to annoy further. Then you argue
> about what the group discusses. You also start multiple threads
> with the same query.

With two different names.

sathyashrayan

"anu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Chris McDonald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<d35ig0$a9a$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > (E-Mail Removed) writes:
> >
> > >helloo
> > > iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
> > >thousands of lines...
> > >ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
> > >data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
> > >in every line.
> > >just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
> > >or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

> > Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this

newsgroup,
> > specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned a sorting

technique.

> thats cause iam trying to implement it using C dude.
> as of now iam trying to use Binary search but i just wanted to know if
> there are any faster search algorithms

search for Boyer-Moore algorithm in google.

--
"combination is the heart of chess"

A.Alekhine

Mail to:
sathyashrayan AT gmail DOT com

Google search result to be URL-limited when searching site, but notwhen searching Web stumblng.tumblr Javascript 1 02-04-2008 09:01 AM
Re: testbench techniques FMF VHDL 1 11-28-2005 01:29 AM
Advanced Synthesis Techniques Benjamin Todd VHDL 4 05-16-2005 03:58 PM
Subject: searching techniques for a parser..... anu C Programming 1 04-08-2005 03:59 PM
sorting techniques Ashish VHDL 0 11-15-2003 09:30 AM

Advertisments