Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > How do you use Microsoft logos in your resumes?

How do you use Microsoft logos in your resumes?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpcA==?=

Hi,

I have a pretty silly question. How do you use Microsoft logos in your resume?
Do you use them? If Yes, do you add them on the top or on the bottom of the resume?
Do you use a title like this?

" Your name, MCSD,MCSE"

Do you know what is the "professional" way to do it? I did some research on the Internet and all I came
up with was Microsoft recommandation on MCP wab site.

Thank you

Chip, MCSD.NET, MCSD VS6.0, MCAD

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I have put one or two across the top of my resume, which looks good with the
Word templates. They used to have the stacked logos, with multiple titles,
so two was nice (one for dev/DBA, the other for SE).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
"chip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a pretty silly question. How do you use Microsoft logos in your

resume?
> Do you use them? If Yes, do you add them on the top or on the bottom of

the resume?
> Do you use a title like this?
>
> " Your name, MCSD,MCSE"
>
> Do you know what is the "professional" way to do it? I did some research

on the Internet and all I came
> up with was Microsoft recommandation on MCP wab site.
>
> Thank you
>
> Chip, MCSD.NET, MCSD VS6.0, MCAD

Hermit Dave

well since my MCSD expired in 2000 i have been using the MCP logo...
i aleast had one valid cert... and in 2 months time i should have MCAD

what i do is put it on the top right corner...

make sure the size is right... and that bout it... you can choose from
different logo options... you welcome pack should give you an idea... plus
you can always to to MCP site and download them....

--

Regards,

HD
"chip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a pretty silly question. How do you use Microsoft logos in your

resume?
> Do you use them? If Yes, do you add them on the top or on the bottom of

the resume?
> Do you use a title like this?
>
> " Your name, MCSD,MCSE"
>
> Do you know what is the "professional" way to do it? I did some research

on the Internet and all I came
> up with was Microsoft recommandation on MCP wab site.
>
> Thank you
>
> Chip, MCSD.NET, MCSD VS6.0, MCAD

Daniel P.

I thought the MS certifications never expire (?)

"Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> well since my MCSD expired in 2000 i have been using the MCP logo...
> i aleast had one valid cert... and in 2 months time i should have MCAD
>
> what i do is put it on the top right corner...
>
> make sure the size is right... and that bout it... you can choose from
> different logo options... you welcome pack should give you an idea... plus
> you can always to to MCP site and download them....
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> HD
> "chip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a pretty silly question. How do you use Microsoft logos in your

> resume?
> > Do you use them? If Yes, do you add them on the top or on the bottom of

> the resume?
> > Do you use a title like this?
> >
> > " Your name, MCSD,MCSE"
> >
> > Do you know what is the "professional" way to do it? I did some research

> on the Internet and all I came
> > up with was Microsoft recommandation on MCP wab site.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Chip, MCSD.NET, MCSD VS6.0, MCAD

Hermit Dave

oh well.. got a letter a few years back which said that i need to upgrade to
the newer certification... it was so long back... ( well 3 and half is a
long time)
but i think it meant something like that...
i still am MCSD but for a product which was replaced by a better one and a
set of exams which have been discontinued.. so technically !!!

--
Regards,

HD

"Daniel P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I thought the MS certifications never expire (?)
>

> "Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > well since my MCSD expired in 2000 i have been using the MCP logo...
> > i aleast had one valid cert... and in 2 months time i should have MCAD
> >
> > what i do is put it on the top right corner...
> >
> > make sure the size is right... and that bout it... you can choose from
> > different logo options... you welcome pack should give you an idea...

plus
> > you can always to to MCP site and download them....
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > HD
> > "chip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a pretty silly question. How do you use Microsoft logos in your

> > resume?
> > > Do you use them? If Yes, do you add them on the top or on the bottom

of
> > the resume?
> > > Do you use a title like this?
> > >
> > > " Your name, MCSD,MCSE"
> > >
> > > Do you know what is the "professional" way to do it? I did some

research
> > on the Internet and all I came
> > > up with was Microsoft recommandation on MCP wab site.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > Chip, MCSD.NET, MCSD VS6.0, MCAD

Hermit Dave

shocked... but i still am... ( i guess they meant to tell me to keep up with
my skills ) lol

--
Regards,

HD

"Daniel P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I thought the MS certifications never expire (?)
>

> "Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > well since my MCSD expired in 2000 i have been using the MCP logo...
> > i aleast had one valid cert... and in 2 months time i should have MCAD
> >
> > what i do is put it on the top right corner...
> >
> > make sure the size is right... and that bout it... you can choose from
> > different logo options... you welcome pack should give you an idea...

plus
> > you can always to to MCP site and download them....
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > HD
> > "chip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a pretty silly question. How do you use Microsoft logos in your

> > resume?
> > > Do you use them? If Yes, do you add them on the top or on the bottom

of
> > the resume?
> > > Do you use a title like this?
> > >
> > > " Your name, MCSD,MCSE"
> > >
> > > Do you know what is the "professional" way to do it? I did some

research
> > on the Internet and all I came
> > > up with was Microsoft recommandation on MCP wab site.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > Chip, MCSD.NET, MCSD VS6.0, MCAD

Daniel P.

Yes, you are still MCSD but for the products you tested for.
So if you passed then it is going to say "MCSD for Microsoft Visual Studio
6.0"

Then for .NET it is going to say "MCSD for .NET"

They both show up on my transcript.

"Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> oh well.. got a letter a few years back which said that i need to upgrade

> the newer certification... it was so long back... ( well 3 and half is a
> long time)
> but i think it meant something like that...
> i still am MCSD but for a product which was replaced by a better one and a
> set of exams which have been discontinued.. so technically !!!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> HD
>
> "Daniel P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I thought the MS certifications never expire (?)
> >

> > "Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > well since my MCSD expired in 2000 i have been using the MCP logo...
> > > i aleast had one valid cert... and in 2 months time i should have MCAD
> > >
> > > what i do is put it on the top right corner...
> > >
> > > make sure the size is right... and that bout it... you can choose from
> > > different logo options... you welcome pack should give you an idea...

> plus
> > > you can always to to MCP site and download them....
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > HD
> > > "chip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

your
> > > resume?

> of
> > > the resume?

> research
> > > on the Internet and all I came

Hermit Dave

okay i finished my mcsd in 1999 when VS 6.0 exams where supposed to be
coming out... infact i gave my win arch exams 2 weeks before the last
official date... (with VS 5)

i do have an mcsd cert but my transacript (on mcp secure site) for some
reason doesnt show MCSD... it shows all the exams... and in the logo
downloads again.. it gives me only mcp logo.. i would say that that has
something to do with expiry of those exams... but what the heck.. in a
months time i will have done my MCAD... and probably by the end of this year
my MCSD...

--
Regards,

HD

"Daniel P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, you are still MCSD but for the products you tested for.
> So if you passed then it is going to say "MCSD for Microsoft Visual Studio
> 6.0"
>
> Then for .NET it is going to say "MCSD for .NET"
>
> They both show up on my transcript.
>

> "Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > oh well.. got a letter a few years back which said that i need to

upgrade
> > the newer certification... it was so long back... ( well 3 and half is a
> > long time)
> > but i think it meant something like that...
> > i still am MCSD but for a product which was replaced by a better one and

> > set of exams which have been discontinued.. so technically !!!
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > HD
> >
> > "Daniel P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I thought the MS certifications never expire (?)
> > >

> > > "Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

MCAD

from

idea...
> > plus

> your

bottom
> > of

> > research

Daniel P.

I think you should send an email to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
MS should be consistent in what they do.
If VS6 did not expire then VC5 should not expire too.
From what I know MCDBA for SQL Server 7 did not expire.

Good luck with your MCAD and MCSD.NET!

I liked the most 70-300, the architecture exam, and I also liked 70-229,
database design.
IMHO the rest of them are just a piece of cake

"Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> okay i finished my mcsd in 1999 when VS 6.0 exams where supposed to be
> coming out... infact i gave my win arch exams 2 weeks before the last
> official date... (with VS 5)
>
> i do have an mcsd cert but my transacript (on mcp secure site) for some
> reason doesnt show MCSD... it shows all the exams... and in the logo
> downloads again.. it gives me only mcp logo.. i would say that that has
> something to do with expiry of those exams... but what the heck.. in a
> months time i will have done my MCAD... and probably by the end of this

year
> my MCSD...
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> HD
>
> "Daniel P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes, you are still MCSD but for the products you tested for.
> > So if you passed then it is going to say "MCSD for Microsoft Visual

Studio
> > 6.0"
> >
> > Then for .NET it is going to say "MCSD for .NET"
> >
> > They both show up on my transcript.
> >

> > "Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > oh well.. got a letter a few years back which said that i need to

> upgrade
> > > the newer certification... it was so long back... ( well 3 and half is

> > > long time)
> > > but i think it meant something like that...
> > > i still am MCSD but for a product which was replaced by a better one

and
> > > set of exams which have been discontinued.. so technically !!!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > HD
> > >
> > > "Daniel P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > message

logo...

> MCAD

> from

> idea...
> > > plus

in
> > your

> bottom
> > > of

> > > research

Hermit Dave

Thanks mate... SQL Server was the first in the lot i gave.. and it was
nice... would love to take on the arch one.. but still getting sorted...
yeah i will write to mcphelp... thanks...