Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C Libraries

C Libraries

Rebels Mascot

Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
socket.h, in.h, + others

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Rebels Mascot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
oes anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
:socket.h, in.h, + others

There are a number of different implimentations available. openbsd,
freebsd, several major distributions of Linux... and probably many
others I am missing (OpenVMS ... Plan9...)

--
Are we *there* yet??

Jens.Toerring@physik.fu-berlin.de

Rebels Mascot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
> socket.h, in.h, + others

Header files (.h files) aren't libraries, they are only files that
specify the interface to a library. So you need both the .h files
as well as the libraries. Where and how you can get them depends on
the system you are using, you should better ask in a newsgroup that
is for discussions about your system.

Regards, Jens
--
\ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de

bpbermingham@gmail.com

(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de wrote:
> Rebels Mascot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
> > socket.h, in.h, + others

> Header files (.h files) aren't libraries, they are only files that
> specify the interface to a library. So you need both the .h files
> as well as the libraries. Where and how you can get them depends on
> the system you are using, you should better ask in a newsgroup that
> is for discussions about your system.
>
> Regards, Jens
> --
> \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ (E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de
> \__________________________ http://www.toerring.de

bpbermingham@gmail.com

Sorry bout last reply, got messed up.

Using Windows XP SP2 and MetroWerks Codewarrior for Windows 9.2.

Jesse Meyer

Rebels Mascot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
> socket.h, in.h, + others

FAQ Question 10.11:

I seem to be missing the system header file <sgtty.h>. Can someone send
me a copy?

Answer:

Standard headers exist in part so that definitions appropriate to your
compiler, operating system, and processor can be supplied. You cannot
just pick up a copy of someone else's header file and expect it to work,
unless that person is using exactly the same environment. Ask your
compiler vendor why the file was not provided (or to send a replacement
copy).

PS: AFAIK, socket.h is not a standard C libary. You wouldn't happen to
be trying to use socket.h under Microsoft Windows, would you? I think
windows uses winsock.h instead of socket.h, but I don't code under
windows, and neither do many others in comp.lang.c. Try down the road
a ways in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32, they will know what to
do.

--
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is
not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they