Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > where can i get the c library source code

where can i get the c library source code

Prashanth Badabagni

Hi ,
can any one please help me to get the source code of the c library
( stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....

Thanks in advance
Prashanth ( Man who saw the end of war )

Artie Gold

Prashanth Badabagni wrote:
> Hi ,
> can any one please help me to get the source code of the c library
> ( stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....
>
> Thanks in advance
> Prashanth ( Man who saw the end of war )

There is no such thing as *the C library*; there are, however, several
implementations.

If you work with an open source platform, there's no problem -- just
Google for it.

If you don't, you'll have to contact your vendor (and likely pay a
considerable fee).

The other thing is that the `stdio.h and stdlib.h' are *headers*
containing principally declarations of library functions, not their
implementations.

HTH,
--ag

--
Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas
http://www.cafepress.com/goldsays

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Prashanth Badabagni <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: can any one please help me to get the source code of the c library
stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....

gcc, glibc, linux, openbsd, freebsd...
--
Strange but true: there are entire WWW pages devoted to listing
programs designed to obfuscate HTML.

Jens Marder

In VisualC6 lib sources ARE included.
I have the "Enterprise" edition.
Don't know, if sources are also included for
cheaper versions (probably not).

"Prashanth Badabagni" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi ,
> can any one please help me to get the source code of the c library
> ( stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....
>
> Thanks in advance
> Prashanth ( Man who saw the end of war )

infobahn

Jens Marder wrote:

> In VisualC6 lib sources ARE included.

Ha! Have you /looked/ at them?

Next time you have a moment, check out the source for, say, printf.
Here's the version that accompanied the v5 release (with much elision
of whitespace):

int __cdecl printf (
const char *format,
)
/** stdout 'PRINT', 'F'ormatted */
{
va_list arglist;
int buffing;
int retval;
va_start(arglist, format);
_ASSERTE(format != NULL);
_lock_str2(1, stdout);
buffing = _stbuf(stdout);
retval = _output(stdout,format,arglist);
_ftbuf(buffing, stdout);
_unlock_str2(1, stdout);
return(retval);
}

*Very* helpful to those of you planning on writing your own printf
mods, isn't it?

James McIninch

<posted & mailed>

There's hundreds of implementations, including a variety of open-source ones
you can download from the Internet (the GNU C library is especially widely
used).

If you want access to the source code for a proprietary implementation (like
Microsoft's), you need to contact the company an negotiate terms,
non-disclosure agreements, etc.

Prashanth Badabagni wrote:

> Hi ,
> can any one please help me to get the source code of the c library
> ( stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....
>
> Thanks in advance
> Prashanth ( Man who saw the end of war )

--
Remove '.nospam' from e-mail address to reply by e-mail