Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > "token" "token sequence" "scalar variable" "vector" ??

"token" "token sequence" "scalar variable" "vector" ??

G Fernandes

Hi, can someone tell me what the following words mean as per C/clc:

1) token

2) token sequence

3) scalar variable

4) vector

"G Fernandes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, can someone tell me what the following words mean as per C/clc:
>
> 1) token

Section A.1.1(of c99):

keyword
identifier
constant
string-literal
punctuator

> 2) token sequence

Think any allowable combination of the above mentioned tokens.
e.g., const volatile int *x;

> 3) scalar variable

An object whose type is scalar type. That is, one of arithmetic type
or pointer type.

> 4) vector

Think ``array''.