Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > How to verify certifications

How to verify certifications

TomTom

Is there a way to verify if an individual has the certification he says he
has?

=?Utf-8?B?VmlydHVhbFR3bw==?=

TomTom

If the person is claimimg to be certified. then they should have access to the Microsoft MCP site were they can go and print an official transcript from Microsoft which will show the exams that they have completed. If they are truely certified they should be able to produce it.

VirtualTwo

TomTom

Thanks VirtualTwo. So, the possible employer should ask for the transcripts
from the candidates if they really want to verify... I hope there are easier
ways, like the information being published on the web, probably at the
microsoft sites. I wonder if the certified individuals would mind.

Once certified, they receive a membership package in the mail that includes,
amoung other things, an id card (name, title, member #, etc.) which can be
carried in the wallet. You could also ask them which testing center they
used.

"TomTom" <no_spam@no_spam.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to verify if an individual has the certification he says he
> has?

Skip

Couldn't help but overhear.

Do you also think that transcripts from a potential
employee's college work be available online to the
public? I offer to provide college transcripts if asked,
but I don't publish them. The probability that others
will abuse the information is thus minimized.

In fact, I don't ever deliver transcripts to a peotential
employer, rather I ask the college to send them on my
behalf. The probability that I have forged is thus
minimized.

Should MCP be different?

TomTom

Skip,

How do you think the information can be abused? Send targeted ads for
example? If the contact information is not listed, it's probably difficult
for the spammers to send garbages.

I think the collage should consider publishing whether a person actually
went to that collage, but not the whole transcripts because mine is bad.

"Skip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:04d301c3d18c$b5409100$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Couldn't help but overhear.
>
> Do you also think that transcripts from a potential
> employee's college work be available online to the
> public? I offer to provide college transcripts if asked,
> but I don't publish them. The probability that others
> will abuse the information is thus minimized.
>
> In fact, I don't ever deliver transcripts to a peotential
> employer, rather I ask the college to send them on my
> behalf. The probability that I have forged is thus
> minimized.
>
> Should MCP be different?

How would the testing centre help ?
I have taken exams at 4 different centre's

General Protection Fault

TomTom wrote:
> Is there a way to verify if an individual has the certification he says he
> has?

Ask him a non-multiple choice question.

>How would the testing centre help ?
>I have taken exams at 4 different centre's

It would not, anyone can lie. In any case the center should get out
information about a candidate.

longroad

Ask him the following questions:
A. Can you produce a certification card?
B. Can you produce a certification certificate?
C. Do you have an MCP login account.
D. Are you a filthy liar.

Then ask him to 'Check all that apply....'