Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD vs MCSD.net

MCSD vs MCSD.net

Andy Day

I started my MCSD training some time ago, but personal
circumstances forced me put it on hold. My company now
want me to complete, but the deadline for the old MCSD
exams to be completed is just 6 months away. Dilemma:
would I be better off putting in the effort get this
completed by June, or take the time (and but the new
course materials) necessary to take the MCSD.NET exams?

Regards,
Andy Day

Would a MCSD or MCSD.NET be more useful to your company? Have you actually
completed any of the MCSD exams?

"Andy Day" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:04d201c3d068$27712ad0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I started my MCSD training some time ago, but personal
> circumstances forced me put it on hold. My company now
> want me to complete, but the deadline for the old MCSD
> exams to be completed is just 6 months away. Dilemma:
> would I be better off putting in the effort get this
> completed by June, or take the time (and but the new
> course materials) necessary to take the MCSD.NET exams?
>
> Regards,
> Andy Day

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If it were me, MCSD.NET all the way, unless your company is going to stay in
COM for quite some time and will not pay for .NET. It will be better for
your future. And, if the company is not .NET yet, you will be the pioneer,
which could help you at your current job in both position (you will be the
mentor/senior) and salary (you now are the leader). If they do not see any
value, you can move on and you have MCSD.NET as a bullet point.

If you are ready for MCSD now, the old version can be okay, but I would head
towards the future (or present if your company is using .NET).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

MCSD vs MCSD.net Maria MCSD 0 07-18-2003 09:26 PM
MCSD vs MCSD.net Georges MCSD 0 07-18-2003 06:19 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM
How to upgrade from MCSD to MCSD.Net? Deena MCSD 1 06-29-2003 10:53 AM

Advertisments