Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > how to write into flash memory in linux

how to write into flash memory in linux

Uresh

Hello everybody,,,,

I have a task to get it done. it is to write an image file downloaded
from a http server and to load it in the FLASH memory.

how do i do this under the Linux environment using C.

Help in this regard is expected from all the peers....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Uresh.

Jonathan Burd

Uresh wrote:
> Hello everybody,,,,
>
> I have a task to get it done. it is to write an image file downloaded
> from a http server and to load it in the FLASH memory.
>
> how do i do this under the Linux environment using C.
>
> Help in this regard is expected from all the peers....
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Uresh.

This is a newsgroup about the C language. What you want done
is platform-dependent. You may as well ask in a group dedicated
to your platform. Try comp.unix.programmer for instance.

Regards,
Jonathan.

--
Email: "jonathan [period] burd [commercial-at] gmail [period] com" sans-WSP

- Keith Thompson

Thomas Matthews

Uresh wrote:
> Hello everybody,,,,
>
> I have a task to get it done. it is to write an image file downloaded
> from a http server and to load it in the FLASH memory.
>
> how do i do this under the Linux environment using C.
>
> Help in this regard is expected from all the peers....
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Uresh.

Try news:comp.arch.embedded, many people there know how
to write to Flash memory devices. Some may even know
how to do this on a Linux system.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Dan Henry

Jonathan Burd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Uresh wrote:
>> I have a task to get it done. it is to write an image file downloaded
>> from a http server and to load it in the FLASH memory.
>>
>> how do i do this under the Linux environment using C.
>> ===================

>This is a newsgroup about the C language. What you want done
>is platform-dependent. You may as well ask in a group dedicated
>to your platform. Try comp.unix.programmer for instance.

And comp.os.linux.embedded where your audience will likely have vast
experience writing to flash in a Linux environment.

--
Dan Henry

Uresh

Thanks to Jonathan Burd, Thomas Mathews and Dan Henry for giving
suitable information.

With best regards,
Uresh