Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > 70-316 study advice

70-316 study advice

Kline Sphere

>Do they
>have labs like the MS Press books?

I'm sorry I don't know. It seems a popular book, so maybe check out
the reviews and/or the publisher's web site.

john sermini

Yes, I am using the Kalani book, and it does have labs. Lots of labs.I also
read the suggested MS Press books, and I feel that the kalani book is
stronger and more complete than the MS Press books...

John

"techie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. I'll probably buy Kalani's books and work through them. Do they
> have labs like the MS Press books?
>
> "Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I'm a vc++ programmer and passed 70-016. I know about oop.

> > In that case a 'beginners' book would be a waste of time.
> >
> > You'll find c# a breeze to learn.

Eric

Don't confuse the C# language with the areas covered by the tests.

If you want to learn the language first, then get one of the many good
books on C#. I like "Programming C#, by Jesse Liberty.

After you learn the language, the Kalani books are great for teaching
you the core application areas.

If you try to learn C# from the Kalani books, it will certainly work to
some extent, but you won't have a well-rounded knowledge of C#. There's
a lot of language-specific things you don't have to know for the tests.

Eric