Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Follow up on Producing Windows API program at Command Line

Follow up on Producing Windows API program at Command Line

Dr. Laurence Leff

Thank you to the very kind person, Mr. Jacob Navia,
who suggested that I use F1 in the
Visual C++ IDEA to identify the libraries needed for a function so
one could compile the program. I did this.

I also discovered that one needs to simply include the names and
locations of the library files on the CL command:

Here is what I ended up using:
cl hellowin.c c:\progra~1\micros~1.net\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\user3 2.lib

It produced a working API program!

(I originally thought one needed a "/library" option. This is NOT
CORRECT.)

Dr. Laurence Leff Western Illinois University, Macomb IL 61455 ||(309) 298-1315
Stipes 447 Assoc. Prof. of Computer Sci. Pager: 309-367-0787 FAX: 309-298-2302
Secretary: eContracts Technical Committee OASIS Legal XML Member Section