Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Very slow file transfer on wireless-g ad-hoc network

Very slow file transfer on wireless-g ad-hoc network

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=

I have a three computer ad-hoc wireless-g home network consisting of one
desktop and two laptops. The desktop is used for the dial-up connection to
the ISP. All are running XP SP-1. All computers are set to allow sharing
and the desktop has the XP firewall turned on (although turning it off makes
no difference). When I try to copy and paste a file from a laptop to the
desktop, it takes forever or times out. However, when I copy and paste from
laptop to laptop, it works almost instantly.

Any ideas on what is going on ?