Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > ttyname() problems

ttyname() problems

Jon Bryan

Hello,
I am writing a Terminal Emulator, and for the Window Title I want
something like "termname -- shell -- ttysize -- ttyname." I have
everything figured out except for how to find the ttyname. There is a
function defined in unistd.h. I cannot get it to work right. Would
someone please give me an example?

Thanks
~ Jon Bryan

Keith Thompson

Jon Bryan <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I am writing a Terminal Emulator, and for the Window Title I
> want something like "termname -- shell -- ttysize -- ttyname." I have
> everything figured out except for how to find the ttyname. There is a
> function defined in unistd.h. I cannot get it to work right. Would
> someone please give me an example?

Not here. Try comp.unix.programmer.