Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > OLD IDE C Compiler

OLD IDE C Compiler

happy

I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
have it Please.
Not TC 2.01

Rufus V. Smith

"happy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
> compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
> have it Please.
> Not TC 2.01

Are you looking for a C programming IDE?

Why not use an editor that can call external compilers?

If you are simply looking for a cheap IDE, you might check
new/used bookstores for C tutorial books which include
CDs (or floppies, even) with IDEs.

Rufus

BMarsh

Hi there,

on a wintel box, you might give RHIDE a try, which is free, but does
look like an old TurboC editor, which it looks like you dont want...?

http://www.delorie.com and follow the "ZipPicker" link for DJGPP, the
DOS port of the GCC compiler suite.

cheers

bryan

Randy Howard

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
> compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
> have it Please.
> Not TC 2.01

This newsgroup isn't about finding a platform-specific IDE, it's
about standard C. However, if you want from Windows (based upon
the limited info above), check out MinGW or Dev-CPP, both of
which are quite decent, and free.

If you mention "older" because it needs to compile 8- or 16-bit
code, then you may need to try and find a very old copy of MSVC,
perhaps on e-bay. There may be a version of gcc that generates
8- or 16-bit "dos" binaries, but I don't know offhand where to
find it. One of the gnu newsgroups is proabably a far better
choice than here.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
"For some reason most people seem to be born without the part

Neil Kurzman

Randy Howard wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
> > compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
> > have it Please.
> > Not TC 2.01

> This newsgroup isn't about finding a platform-specific IDE, it's
> about standard C. However, if you want from Windows (based upon
> the limited info above), check out MinGW or Dev-CPP, both of
> which are quite decent, and free.
>
> If you mention "older" because it needs to compile 8- or 16-bit
> code, then you may need to try and find a very old copy of MSVC,
> perhaps on e-bay. There may be a version of gcc that generates
> 8- or 16-bit "dos" binaries, but I don't know offhand where to
> find it. One of the gnu newsgroups is proabably a far better
> choice than here.
>
> --
> Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
> "For some reason most people seem to be born without the part
> of the brain that understands pointers." -- Joel Spolsky

MSVC 1.52c is the last MS compiler that targets DOS and the IDE is bug
ridden.
TC 4.51 is free or cheap?