Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Device status incorrect

Device status incorrect

=?Utf-8?B?SG93YXJkX1dvb2RhcmQ=?=

I've seen several similar posts but as the TV commercial says, "not exactly"...

I have a Linksys wireless network with one desktop connected directly to the
WAP and another desktop and one laptop connecting wireless to the WAP. My
dsl modem is connected to the WAP for sharing by all. Since upgrading to sp2
the internet connection is showing "disabled". It is actually working just
fine -- at least everything is using it ok. However, all three devices are
showing it as disabled in My Network Connections. All will show "connected"
in the Enable dialog box but the status never changes. The XP firewall is
disabled.

Any ideas?

Howard Woodard

Btw, I upgraded all three machines to sp2 from sp1. They all showed the
device starus before and now they all three show it incorrectly.

Howard
news:(E-Mail Removed)...