Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > rounding

Reply
Thread Tools

rounding

 
 
JNY
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2005
That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard Bos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (JNY) wrote:

> That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
> sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.


_What_ response on _what_ thread? You have managed to get
Google-Broken-Beta remove every single reference from your post. Learn
to force Google-Broken-Beta to thread correctly (and quote correctly,
and indent correctly, and, and, and...) or get a real newsreader. The
way you're posting now it's nearly impossible to figure out what you're
talking about.

Richard
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Keith Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
(E-Mail Removed) (JNY) writes:
> That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
> sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.


If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (E-Mail Removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.
 
Reply With Quote
 
CBFalconer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Keith Thompson wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (JNY) writes:
>
>> That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
>> sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.

>
> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
> "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
> the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
> article headers.


I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose
use will be periodic until google actually fixes their interface.

--
"If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
"show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
"Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson

 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Keith Thompson wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) (JNY) writes:
>>
>>> That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
>>> sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.

>>
>> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
>> "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
>> the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
>> article headers.

>
> I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose
> use will be periodic until google actually fixes their interface.
>
> --
> "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
> the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
> "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
> "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson


I'm not too pleased about being quoted inexactly, so ...

If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
"show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
"Reply" at the bottom of the article headers.

Your quotation is now retroactively exact.

It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (E-Mail Removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
"I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose use will
be periodic until google actually fixes their interface." -- CBFalconer
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Wahler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005

"Keith Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > Keith Thompson wrote:
> >> (E-Mail Removed) (JNY) writes:
> >>
> >>> That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
> >>> sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.
> >>
> >> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
> >> "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
> >> the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
> >> article headers.

> >
> > I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose
> > use will be periodic until google actually fixes their interface.
> >
> > --
> > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
> > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
> > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
> > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson

>
> I'm not too pleased about being quoted inexactly, so ...
>
> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
> the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
> "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
> "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers.


What's different?


(I took my car to a mechanic today. When he asked what the trouble
was, I told him "When I applied the brakes, it groups.googled, and
went right through the red light.")

-Mike
--
I use google only for web searches, like God intended.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben Pfaff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below.


I agree.
--
It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Ben Pfaff <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below.

>
> I agree.


Me too.

(That should be just about enough, I think.)

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (E-Mail Removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
"It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below." -- Ben Pfaff
 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
"Mike Wahler" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "Keith Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> > Keith Thompson wrote:
>> >> (E-Mail Removed) (JNY) writes:
>> >>
>> >>> That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
>> >>> sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.
>> >>
>> >> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
>> >> "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
>> >> the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
>> >> article headers.
>> >
>> > I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose
>> > use will be periodic until google actually fixes their interface.
>> >
>> > --
>> > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
>> > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
>> > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
>> > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson

>>
>> I'm not too pleased about being quoted inexactly, so ...
>>
>> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
>> the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
>> "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
>> "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers.

>
> What's different?


In my original statement, I wrote "don't use the "Reply" link".
CBFalconer amended it to "don't use the broken "Reply" link".

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (E-Mail Removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Wahler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
"Keith Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> In my original statement, I wrote "don't use the "Reply" link".
> CBFalconer amended it to "don't use the broken "Reply" link".


Ah. I suppose I have a broken visual parser.

-Mike


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formatting a number without rounding Thor W Hammer ASP .Net 2 11-22-2005 06:51 PM
rounding to integer valentin tihomirov VHDL 2 02-16-2004 10:07 AM
will Synposys Design Compiler support division by two's power and integer rounding? walala VHDL 12 09-14-2003 03:49 PM
Rounding Numbers C ASP .Net 2 08-25-2003 03:24 PM
prevent rounding with Number.floatValue() ? iksrazal Java 1 07-03-2003 07:02 PM



Advertisments