Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > What language should i go for VB or C#?

What language should i go for VB or C#?

max

Hello,

I'm confussed on what the diffrence is between VB and C#,
which is the better one, which one should i certify on?

max

prabha

Depends on what you know.

"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:053501c3c7d8$c84738c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I'm confussed on what the diffrence is between VB and C#,
> which is the better one, which one should i certify on?
>
> max

Leigh Kendall

C# uses semi-colons and curly braces, VB.NET does not.

C#:
{
Seriously learn both;
}

VB.NET
Seriously learn both

HTH,

--
Leigh Kendall
MCSD, MCDBA, MCT

"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:053501c3c7d8$c84738c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I'm confussed on what the diffrence is between VB and C#,
> which is the better one, which one should i certify on?
>
> max

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Difference: Well, VB looks more like English and C# has braces (although its
teeth are still crooked).

Which is better? Well, which is better, a hammer or a screwdriver? Answer:
depends on what you are doing. In most cases, language choice is preference.

Which to certify in? Check the job boards for the market you live in and see
which has more jobs. That would be the most prudent way to choose.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:053501c3c7d8$c84738c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I'm confussed on what the diffrence is between VB and C#,
> which is the better one, which one should i certify on?
>
> max

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

But, I only want to learn one language. ;->

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
"Leigh Kendall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> C# uses semi-colons and curly braces, VB.NET does not.
>
> C#:
> {
> Seriously learn both;
> }
>
> VB.NET
> Seriously learn both
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Leigh Kendall
> MCSD, MCDBA, MCT
>
> "max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:053501c3c7d8$c84738c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm confussed on what the diffrence is between VB and C#,
> > which is the better one, which one should i certify on?
> >
> > max

Jay Walters

If you're confused, then you shouldn't be taking the
exams yet. They are almost the exact same in IL ... pick
the one that feels best to you for the exams, but learn
both (in doing so, you'll the differences).