Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD VS6.0 - is it make sense now?

MCSD VS6.0 - is it make sense now?

emg

No certification will "harm" your chances at a job. It *might* offer some
small benefit. But a cert is no match for experience and there are
literally tens of thousands of developers with ample experience in VS6. If
you really have your heart set on it go ahead but don't expect much return
on the investment.

Remember, most employers don't care about certs AT ALL. The ones who do
care, care because they are MS partners and are obligated to have X number
of certified developers on their staff. If the cert topic is new enough it
might help you because the employer doesn't have 50 other candidates with
prior experience. I'm not even sure how much longer that will be true for
..Net. It certainly isn't true for VS6.

"jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks guys i had a similar question. but you don't think that having the

cert or some of them finished won't look go as you press to learn .NET? It
might confirm that yo have a good working knowledge of VB, don't you think?

Kline Sphere

>The ones who do
>care, care because they are MS partners and are obligated to have X number
>of certified developers on their staff

And are the ones going down the pan the fastest!

David

I have 70-100 and 70-016 completed. I will be taking 70-
015 sometime in February or March. I plan on making my
elective 70-229. Will I need to complete that exam before
June 30, 2004 even though it will not be discontinued?

as
>Please, pay attention - "Anyone who earned the MCSD
>certification before June 30, 2004, will remain

certified."

yet,
>>but I think that if I systematize my knowledges a

little
>>I'll pass MSCD for Visual Studio 6.0 exams without

>serious
>>problem. Also, I don't use .NET yet. Also, as everybody
>>know, MS will discont MCSD VS6.0 exams after June, 2004.
>>
>>So, how do you think, is it make sense to pass these

>exams
>>and get MSCD VS6.0 certificate now? As for me, I

consider
>>that it helps me to fix my knowledge and confirm my

past
>>experience in future for my future employer...
>>So, how do you think, is it correct argumentation?

And
>>is it in requisition in future?
>>
>>Thanks for any comments.
>>.
>>

>.

Cindy Winegarden

In news: 045c01c3cddb$fb8c8c90$(E-Mail Removed),
David <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have 70-100 and 70-016 completed. I will be taking 70-
> 015 sometime in February or March. I plan on making my
> elective 70-229. Will I need to complete that exam before
> June 30, 2004 even though it will not be discontinued?

As answered elsewhere, you'll need to complete the MCSD (for VS6)
requirements on or before June 30, 2004.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Is this traffic shaping valid or make sense? netproj Cisco 0 12-29-2005 06:29 PM
Does this make sense? milkyway Java 0 12-02-2004 12:33 PM
Does it make sense to implement the DALC layer as a Singleton? Jason ASP .Net 0 10-12-2004 02:01 PM
NULLs from SQL--does this make sense? Phil Sandler ASP .Net 1 08-19-2004 09:50 PM
Does pervasive use of final make sense? Timo Nentwig Java 31 05-13-2004 09:33 PM

Advertisments