Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > .NET Exams

.NET Exams

Kline Sphere

The outsourcing fad is nothing new and comes and goes in cycles. I
remember back in the mid 80's when a number of companies decided to
outsource their IT needs. Those same companies brought IT back in
house a few years later when they realized it as actual costing them
more money. The same happened in the early 90's when along with 'down
sizing' companies made mad decisions.

The truth is that outsourcing 'seems' attractive because many
companies are completely clueless when it comes to developing
software. It they were not, there is not way any third party company
would produce the require software cheaper because the third party
would not have the same level of understanding of how the business
works.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:45:33 -0800, "Alistair"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not that I'm agreeing with the author in any way, shape or
>form (here in Australia we're being hurt by the Indian
>Outsourcing Phenomenon as much as anywhere else), but
>here's a different take on it from a recent Melbourne Age:
>
>http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20.../1070732149636.
>html
>
>The most relevant sentence in the article is:
>"Of course, if the Indians serve up nothing more than a
>few terabytes of dysfunctional code, they'll all lose
>their contracts around April 2005..."
>
>Just HIS $0.02.

Lorne Smith

"Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Perhaps he'll get serious about it after he wins his second term. Won't

have
> >to pander to anyone at that point.

> Nope, he'll be too busy working on his autobiography!

Is someone going to get him a new set of crayons then?

Leigh Kendall

Does this apply to you to since you're here reading this trash?

"Indian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:04fa01c3c789$60723410$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Start spending your office time in coding/working rather
> than talking trash on newsgroup and you may get to keep
> your job.
>
> My Rs. 0.02

Leigh Kendall

You're exactly right.

Funny too, how things always seem to go in 10 year cycles. What happens in
the present, somehow seems to have occurred 10 years prior and will again
occur 10 years in the future.

Just my silly little theory...

"Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The outsourcing fad is nothing new and comes and goes in cycles. I
> remember back in the mid 80's when a number of companies decided to
> outsource their IT needs. Those same companies brought IT back in
> house a few years later when they realized it as actual costing them
> more money. The same happened in the early 90's when along with 'down
> sizing' companies made mad decisions.
>
> The truth is that outsourcing 'seems' attractive because many
> companies are completely clueless when it comes to developing
> software. It they were not, there is not way any third party company
> would produce the require software cheaper because the third party
> would not have the same level of understanding of how the business
> works.
>
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:45:33 -0800, "Alistair"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Not that I'm agreeing with the author in any way, shape or
> >form (here in Australia we're being hurt by the Indian
> >Outsourcing Phenomenon as much as anywhere else), but
> >here's a different take on it from a recent Melbourne Age:
> >
> >http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20.../1070732149636.
> >html
> >
> >The most relevant sentence in the article is:
> >"Of course, if the Indians serve up nothing more than a
> >few terabytes of dysfunctional code, they'll all lose
> >their contracts around April 2005..."
> >
> >Just HIS $0.02.

Leigh Kendall

Yup; fortunately they're called missiles...

"Lorne Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >Perhaps he'll get serious about it after he wins his second term. Won't

> have
> > >to pander to anyone at that point.

> > Nope, he'll be too busy working on his autobiography!

> Is someone going to get him a new set of crayons then?

Leigh Kendall

Too bad home brews are allowed in the testing sites...

--
Leigh Kendall
MCSD, MCDBA, MCT

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:%23GKlm%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The idea is that you are an Enterprise level developer rather than a

rogue.
> And, it is only partially applicable, as many rogues and mavericks do
> advanced coding. The team portion generally relates to SourceSafe (ie, it

is
> a hint you might see some SS questions). Other than that, have a home brew
> and chill out. The exams are not that bad if you really know .NET.
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
>
> ************************************************** ********************
> Think Outside the Box!
> ************************************************** ********************
> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:09a901c3c4b1$e3594600$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why is it that for ALL the MCAD exams the
>
> "Candidates for this exam work on a team in a medium or
> large development environment that uses Microsoft Visual
> StudioŽ .NET"
>
> What about those of us that work on small teams or no
> team at all heh?
>
> It seems we are at a disadvantage for certification -
> especially if questions are geared towards a team based
> model that we may not have any basis for reference to.

Kline Sphere

>Just my silly little theory...

More than a theory, me thinks....

Kline Sphere

>ie, it is
>a hint you might see some SS questions

What's the Nazi's got to do with Microsoft certs? Those rumors about
Uncle Bill can't be true, can they?

Indian

Please read my post again and check the time of my post.

Leigh Kendall

ooooh.... Seeing I'm self-employed, I'm not really concerned about the time
of day it is. And, if I were a full-timer, I still wouldn't give a sh*t
about the time...

news:03f501c3c8ff$9355df40$(E-Mail Removed)...