Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > select for opening sockets in single threaded environment

select for opening sockets in single threaded environment

Klaus

Hello,

I did post this message already recently, but do have the impression,
that this message never has never been pushed to other news servers.

Well.

I do have a single threaded application.

I want to be able to treat input from stdin and to listen() for incoming
socket connections on the same time.

How can I do this in a non blocking fashion?
(meaning, that I can read and process any input from stdin as soon as it
arrives and still know, when somebody connects to the port I was
listening to.

If my mail is not clear, then I will clarify.

I just don't want to write my message over and over again till the
newserver finally pushes my message to the 'world'
(However this time I saved my message )

bye

Klaus

Richard Bos

Klaus <r26375@nospam_fsl.com> wrote:

> I did post this message already recently, but do have the impression,
> that this message never has never been pushed to other news servers.

It did, and Joona gave you a perfectly good answer: this is off-topic
here. Find a group where sockets are on-topic. For Unix sockets this
would probably be comp.unix.programmer; for WinSock,
microsoft.something.long.and.intractable.

Richard