Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > SPEC is seeking candidate codes for an MPI-based benchmark suite

SPEC is seeking candidate codes for an MPI-based benchmark suite

Matthijs van Waveren

"Your opportunity to be a RECOGNIZED EXPERT in the HPC Community"

The SPEC High Performance Group is seeking candidates for a benchmark
suite based on Message Passing Interface (MPI) applications.

Successful submitters will be rewarded with a free license for the
benchmark suite, recognized on the SPEC website and in media
materials, and their programs will influence future designs of
computer hardware and software. For example the suite will provide
performance metrics that could be used to compare:

i) different hardware architectures - SMP, NUMA, clusters - and
interconnects,
ii) processors,
iii) memory hierarchy,
iv) compilers,
v) MPI implementations.

Candidate applications can be in any area, but SPEC considers it
important that the program be close to state of the art in the given
field. The program should also be portable across different hardware
and software architectures.

Submitters can submit by filling out the entry form found at

http://www.spec.org/mpi/submissions.html

and the Permission to Use form giving SPEC the right to distribute the
program as part of a SPEC benchmark suite

http://www.spec.org/spec/docs/permission_to_use.pdf

SPEC reserves the right to accept or reject any program at any time.
SPEC and the SPEC HPG shall be the sole arbiter of what constitutes a
successful submission and worthy of a free copy of the benchmark
CD. All decisions of SPEC and the SPEC HPG shall be final.

SPEC is a registered trademark of the non-profit Standard Performance
Evaluation Corporation. For information about SPEC, including
membership and participation in benchmark development, visit
http://www.spec.org or email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) .

Keith Thompson

"Matthijs van Waveren" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "Your opportunity to be a RECOGNIZED EXPERT in the HPC Community"
>
> The SPEC High Performance Group is seeking candidates for a benchmark
> suite based on Message Passing Interface (MPI) applications.

[snip]

comp.parallel.mpi would probably be a better place to post this.
(comp.lang.c in particular is very picky about topicality; I can't
speak for comp.lang.fortran.)

Rich Townsend

Keith Thompson wrote:
> "Matthijs van Waveren" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>>"Your opportunity to be a RECOGNIZED EXPERT in the HPC Community"
>>
>>The SPEC High Performance Group is seeking candidates for a benchmark
>>suite based on Message Passing Interface (MPI) applications.

> [snip]
>
> comp.parallel.mpi would probably be a better place to post this.
> (comp.lang.c in particular is very picky about topicality; I can't
> speak for comp.lang.fortran.)

Nah, we're pretty laid back about topicality in c.l.f. We lynch
cross-posters, however.

--
Dr Richard H D Townsend
Bartol Research Institute