Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Good C book

Good C book

Alex R

Hey guys,

I have been programming on and off in C for many years now, but I
seem to forget the format of some function calls/conventions here and there,
I might be working on something that is written entirely in assembly
language for
months.. Come back to do some C and there'll be something here and there
that escapes me.

What I am after is recommendations on a good book to keep as a reference
whenever I get mental blanks where I cant remember something, so i'll
have it there to refresh my memory. So a book that is for a
intermediate/advanced
level would be fine or any book that covers anything from the ground up
would be fine.

I am developing in C under DOS, using Watcom C and occasionally Borland C
I need a book that is available in Australia

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

fb

Alex R wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have been programming on and off in C for many years now, but I
> seem to forget the format of some function calls/conventions here and there,
> I might be working on something that is written entirely in assembly
> language for
> months.. Come back to do some C and there'll be something here and there
> that escapes me.
>
> What I am after is recommendations on a good book to keep as a reference
> whenever I get mental blanks where I cant remember something, so i'll
> have it there to refresh my memory. So a book that is for a
> intermediate/advanced
> level would be fine or any book that covers anything from the ground up
> would be fine.
>
> I am developing in C under DOS, using Watcom C and occasionally Borland C
> I need a book that is available in Australia
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks!

Check back a few threads to one that reads: "Nth request of book
recommendations"

Merrill & Michele

>"fb"
> > Alex R wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I have been programming on and off in C for many years now, but I
> > seem to forget the format of some function calls/conventions here and

there,
> > I might be working on something that is written entirely in assembly
> > language for
> > months.. Come back to do some C and there'll be something here and there
> > that escapes me.
> >
> > What I am after is recommendations on a good book to keep as a reference
> > whenever I get mental blanks where I cant remember something, so i'll
> > have it there to refresh my memory. So a book that is for a
> > intermediate/advanced
> > level would be fine or any book that covers anything from the ground up
> > would be fine.
> >
> > I am developing in C under DOS, using Watcom C and occasionally Borland

> > I need a book that is available in Australia
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > Thanks!
> >

> Check back a few threads to one that reads: "Nth request of book
> recommendations"

Or look up to Mr. Summit's FAQs 18.10 . MPJ

Jrferguson

A very good book on C is: "C A Reference Manual" by Harbison and Steele and now
in its 5th edition. ISBN 013089592X
and is readily available through amazon.com etc
Hope that helps
John Ferguson
Windsor, UK