Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > a good C book

a good C book

alice

hi all,
I'd just started learning C programming language and at present I m desperately
looking for some good online C content.Can anybody please give me some such links.

Thanks in advance,
Alice.

Merrill & Michele

> "alice"
> hi all,
> I'd just started learning C programming language and at present I m

desperately
> looking for some good online C content.Can anybody please give me some

such links.

A discussion of books for the beginner and the intermediate user is an
obvious candidate for a FAQ. I don't think it's peddling books or becoming
partisan to create 20.41 where Mr. Summit might say something along the
lines that K&R2 and H&S are the most referenced books in the FAQs. MPJ

Robert Gamble

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:47:22 -0600, Merrill & Michele wrote:

>> "alice"
>> hi all,
>> I'd just started learning C programming language and at present I m

> desperately
>> looking for some good online C content.Can anybody please give me some

> such links.
>
> A discussion of books for the beginner and the intermediate user is an
> obvious candidate for a FAQ. I don't think it's peddling books or becoming
> partisan to create 20.41 where Mr. Summit might say something along the
> lines that K&R2 and H&S are the most referenced books in the FAQs. MPJ

So obvious that it is an FAQ, see question 18.10 of the non-abridged FAQ
which mentions both K&R and H&S. The OP's question is also an FAQ, see
section 18.9.

Rob Gamble

Merrill & Michele

"Robert Gamble" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:47:22 -0600, Merrill & Michele wrote:
>

> >> "alice"
> >> hi all,
> >> I'd just started learning C programming language and at present I m

> > desperately
> >> looking for some good online C content.Can anybody please give me some

> > such links.
> >
> > A discussion of books for the beginner and the intermediate user is an
> > obvious candidate for a FAQ. I don't think it's peddling books or

becoming
> > partisan to create 20.41 where Mr. Summit might say something along the
> > lines that K&R2 and H&S are the most referenced books in the FAQs. MPJ

> So obvious that it is an FAQ, see question 18.10 of the non-abridged FAQ
> which mentions both K&R and H&S. The OP's question is also an FAQ, see
> section 18.9.

So once again, I'm completely right and completely wrong. The only thing I
would add to 18.10 is that having a hard copy of the FAQs allows you to mark
them up with impunity. MPJ