Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > PORTING GMP PROGRAMS TO WINDOWS

PORTING GMP PROGRAMS TO WINDOWS

sam1967@hetnet.nl

Hi

Ive written some C Maths programs to compute Bernoulli numbers and
Stirling numbers using the GMP library.
These have been compiled on a Knoppix/Debian PC using gcc.
I would like to port them to windows.

what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

Dan Pop

In <(E-Mail Removed)> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writes:

>what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
>Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

Ever heard of Google?

Dan
--
Dan Pop
DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

Chris Croughton

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:52:31 +0000, (E-Mail Removed)
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ive written some C Maths programs to compute Bernoulli numbers and
> Stirling numbers using the GMP library.
> These have been compiled on a Knoppix/Debian PC using gcc.
> I would like to port them to windows.
>
> what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
> Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

MinGW is a port of GCC to Windows, producing Windows compiler compatible
code with a free (non-GPL) library. See http://www.mingw.org/ (first in
a Google search for "mingw").

Alternatively, since you are happy with using GPL software (otherwise
you wouldn't be using GMP!) you could use Cygwin, which is a more
complete emulation of a Unix-like environment. If you want to run in a
bash shell on Windows I recomend Cygwin (I haven't used MinGW).

Since both have ports of GCC, using GMP should be a trivial exercise
(you may need to build the library from source or it may be included in
the packages, I haven't checked, but it should build cleanly using
,.configure and make in the usual way).

This is strictly off-topic for comp.lang.c, but I suspect that both
Linux and Windows newsgroups would also find it OT...

Chris C

sam1967@hetnet.nl

On 26 Nov 2004 14:14:27 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Dan Pop) wrote:

>In <(E-Mail Removed)> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
>
>>what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
>>Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

>Ever heard of Google?

yes.when i search for your name it comes up with tube,

sam1967@hetnet.nl

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:07:24 +0000, Chris Croughton
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:52:31 +0000, (E-Mail Removed)
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Ive written some C Maths programs to compute Bernoulli numbers and
>> Stirling numbers using the GMP library.
>> These have been compiled on a Knoppix/Debian PC using gcc.
>> I would like to port them to windows.
>>
>> what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
>> Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

>MinGW is a port of GCC to Windows, producing Windows compiler compatible
>code with a free (non-GPL) library. See http://www.mingw.org/ (first in
>a Google search for "mingw").
>
>Alternatively, since you are happy with using GPL software (otherwise
>you wouldn't be using GMP!) you could use Cygwin, which is a more
>complete emulation of a Unix-like environment. If you want to run in a
>bash shell on Windows I recomend Cygwin (I haven't used MinGW).
>
>Since both have ports of GCC, using GMP should be a trivial exercise
>(you may need to build the library from source or it may be included in
>the packages, I haven't checked, but it should build cleanly using
>,.configure and make in the usual way).
>
>This is strictly off-topic for comp.lang.c, but I suspect that both
>Linux and Windows newsgroups would also find it OT...
>
>Chris C

thanks chris.

Merrill & Michele

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 26 Nov 2004 14:14:27 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Dan Pop) wrote:
>
> >In <(E-Mail Removed)> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
> >
> >>what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
> >>Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

> >Ever heard of Google?
> >

> yes.when i search for your name it comes up with tube,

That refers, of course, to the London subway, yes? MPJ

sam1967@hetnet.nl

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 02:10:32 -0600, "Merrill & Michele"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> >Ever heard of Google?
>> >

>> yes.when i search for your name it comes up with tube,

>That refers, of course, to the London subway, yes? MPJ

no. it ,means a pompous opinionated and ignorant person.

writes:

> >> yes.when i search for your name it comes up with tube,

> >That refers, of course, to the London subway, yes? MPJ
> >

> no. it ,means a pompous opinionated and ignorant person.

Are you a 38 yr.-old Dutchman who wants some advice about clc? MPJ