Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > overloading in C

overloading in C

uday

Does C supports overloading. I am thinking no. But some people are
saying yes. If yes how. Please answer with examples.

Also in c++ size of empty class is one. why. and what are the
default methods created in a class. These questions are asked in
interviews. so please explain.

Keith Thompson

"uday" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Does C supports overloading. I am thinking no. But some people are
> saying yes. If yes how. Please answer with examples.

You posted your article 3 times; once would have been enough.

No, C doesn't support overloading. (C99 adds type-generic macros in
<tgmath.h>, but overloading of user-defined functions isn't
supported.)

> Also in c++ size of empty class is one. why. and what are the
> default methods created in a class. These questions are asked in
> interviews. so please explain.

We can't answer questions about C++ here.

Mark McIntyre

On 24 Nov 2004 18:33:57 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "uday"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does C supports overloading. I am thinking no.

no.

>But some people are saying yes.

They're wrong.

>Also in c++ size of empty class is one. why. and what are the
>default methods created in a class. These questions are asked in
>interviews. so please explain.

Wrong room. C++ is down the hall.

--
Mark McIntyre