Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Question for Barb Bowman: Wifi Activesync & SP2

Question for Barb Bowman: Wifi Activesync & SP2

=?Utf-8?B?UEJC?=

Barb,

I have implemented the wireless activesync as you describe in your great
article 'Have I got connections'. I have upgraded XP to SP2 now and because
of the Firewall (I suppose), the PDA doesnt seem to get through now when
requesting an activesync over the air (I use a Netgear ap/router for my home
network). When I switch off the firewall, I can sync as before.
Do you have a tweak to make XP SP2 listen to and let the PDA request get
through the Firewall or should I just switch it on and off when I want to
sync?

Many thanks.

Sooner Al

See if this page helps...There is a section that pertains to ActiveSync and the SP2 Windows
Firewall...

http://ogasawalrus.com/mobileviews/m...aqs/ActiveSync

You also may need to open UDP Port 137 singly...or enable File & Print Sharing on the firewall,
which also opens UDP Port 137.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"PBB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Barb,
>
> I have implemented the wireless activesync as you describe in your great
> article 'Have I got connections'. I have upgraded XP to SP2 now and because
> of the Firewall (I suppose), the PDA doesnt seem to get through now when
> requesting an activesync over the air (I use a Netgear ap/router for my home
> network). When I switch off the firewall, I can sync as before.
> Do you have a tweak to make XP SP2 listen to and let the PDA request get
> through the Firewall or should I just switch it on and off when I want to
> sync?
>
> Many thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?UEJC?=

IT WORKS. MANY THANKS.