Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Tool for buffer overflow prevention

Tool for buffer overflow prevention

dati_remo@libero.it

Which is the best tool for buffer overflow to use during debug?

What about Rational Purify?

Best Regards

Karthik Kumar

> Which is the best tool for buffer overflow to use during debug?

The answer would depend on the implementation that you are using.
If you are using GNU C/C++ mtrace utility can really help you
to prevent buffer overflow.
There is ElectricFence that can help you identify on most GNU systems
as well.

--
Karthik.
' Remove _nospamplz from my email to mail me. '

Christopher Benson-Manica

(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> Which is the best tool for buffer overflow to use during debug?

I've heard good things about valgrind. <ot>If you happen to be using
a Borland compiler, you can use the heapcheck() routine.</ot>