Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Dynamic analysis tools information

Dynamic analysis tools information

vipindeep

Dear reader,

Are there any widely used dynamic analysis tools which are used for
detecting errors in programming, for example null dereferences,
deadlocks, etc..

Some of the tools which I could know are Daikon, *J, MAc JAVA, Delta
Debuggers. Infact all these tools provide runtime information. Are
there any tools like Purify (in C for memory based errors, array out
of bounds etc).

Can any one give information regarding the runtime analysis tools for
error detection in C++ and JAVA.

Thanks,
Vipin

Jack Klein

On 25 Oct 2004 02:38:18 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (vipindeep) wrote
in comp.lang.c:

> Dear reader,
>
> Are there any widely used dynamic analysis tools which are used for
> detecting errors in programming, for example null dereferences,
> deadlocks, etc..
>
> Some of the tools which I could know are Daikon, *J, MAc JAVA, Delta
> Debuggers. Infact all these tools provide runtime information. Are
> there any tools like Purify (in C for memory based errors, array out
> of bounds etc).
>
> Can any one give information regarding the runtime analysis tools for
> error detection in C++ and JAVA.

Your question seems to be about C++ and Java. Why are you asking in
comp.lang.c? Both of these languages are off-topic here.

And in general, tools of the type you ask about are not topical
either, regardless of the language. They are not defined by the
language standard.

I would suggest you try the groups news:comp.programming and

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com