Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Women AND IT

Reply
Thread Tools

Women AND IT

 
 
stacieweber
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003

Now, Now.

What are you? Master Cyber Solution Daemon?

I know of none, although I don't know any male mcsd's either! [/B

staciewebe
Sign up for free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.U
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via http://www.examnotes.ne
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1029439.htm

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JJW3
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
Personally I'm all for it - Christmas parties would be a
lot more interesting @!!!

However - I'm a realist ... from the women I've spoke
with: Most women don't find programming very exciting,
nor they really want to expend that much effort to
understand pure logic.

I don't mean to sound sexist, however, I've been living
in SV for over three years (and have lots of exposure in
to other companies as a consultant) and I haven't meet an
elite female programmer. The ones I've met are mediocre,
good at best - but no Jedi masters that truly appreciate
logic and elegance.

>-----Original Message-----
>Hi all, I just want to know why there aren't much women
>in the IT industry. Especially in Software developement
>area.
>
>Is it because we use words like, submit, dispose, abort,
>terminate, etc
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
>Personally I'm all for it - Christmas parties would be a
>lot more interesting @!!!


I don't understand the pun....but of course I'm female.
Could you explain the Xmas dig?

>However - I'm a realist ... from the women I've spoke
>with: Most women don't find programming very exciting,
>nor they really want to expend that much effort to
>understand pure logic.


Yes, this is very true. Most of them just want to "get
by" and not see it for it's power.....logical reasoning
cannot be argued, it simply IS, ...can be proven true.

>
>I don't mean to sound sexist, however, I've been living
>in SV for over three years (and have lots of exposure in
>to other companies as a consultant) and I haven't meet

an
>elite female programmer. The ones I've met are mediocre,
>good at best - but no Jedi masters that truly appreciate
>logic and elegance.


That's not sexist.
Neither, is it ignorant.

However, you, like myself, don't have enough statistics
to measure the aptitude of women programmers.

The number of women programmers should be easy enough to
find if it really interested anyone.

But, yes their aptitude is always in question.

Why is that?

Experience?

Women are really subordinate to male programmers,
everywhere? This is rather disappointing. Don't they
have an element to add to the industry?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
>Short?
>Brown hair?
>Brown eyes?
>Skinny?


Ummmm....
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
>I haven't meet an
>elite female programmer. The ones I've met are mediocre,
>good at best - but no Jedi masters that truly appreciate
>logic and elegance.


In time you will my young padawan learner.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
Here?

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:14:44 -0800,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Where do I send it?
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>>yone know who this is??

>>
>>Where's the picture?
>>.
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
Still waiting for your ppicture.....

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:28:20 -0600, stacieweber
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>Now, Now.
>
>What are you? Master Cyber Solution Daemon?
>
>I know of none, although I don't know any male mcsd's either! [/B]
>
>
>stacieweber
>Sign up for free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Posted via http://www.examnotes.net
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1029439.html
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
>All I have is a dog.

Which don't require 24/7 attention, I may add.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
>But, yes their aptitude is always in question.

Aptitude is very important in IT, No matter what sex you are. Without
an aptitude for learning through your own initiative, you won't get
far. Having said that it is clear by the posts in this ng, people are
clearly lacking.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
lol!
>-----Original Message-----
>>I haven't meet an
>>elite female programmer. The ones I've met are

mediocre,
>>good at best - but no Jedi masters that truly

appreciate
>>logic and elegance.

>
>In time you will my young padawan learner.
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if and and vs if and,and titi VHDL 4 03-11-2007 05:23 AM
[OT] [media] The real reason some women aren't interested in IT T-Bone MCSE 0 11-17-2004 03:43 PM
OT: Men & Women BratŪ MCSE 22 07-02-2004 08:08 PM
Women in IT madeinJamaica MCSE 176 06-19-2004 05:11 AM



Advertisments