Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > setjmp.h and other people's implementations

setjmp.h and other people's implementations

Merrill & Michele

Having slept for ten hours by 6 a.m. this morning, I had time for a morning
walk and C study. Having read my implementation's version of setjmp.h and
K&R B8, I thought it highly unlikely that sigsetjmp was going to get past
any compiler AND linker. Not having unix though means that I could be one
of few persons in this forum who doesn't have the words #define _sigsetjmp
_setjmp hiding in the header. Venus is the resplendent morning star while
Orion aims point blank at the moon. Q) How does one determine what exists
on someone else's header files short of actually procuring them?

CBFalconer

Merrill & Michele wrote:

.... snip irrelevancies ...
> Q) How does one determine what exists on someone else's header
> files short of actually procuring them?

By reading the C standard, which specifies the standard headers
that must exist and the things they must define.

Merrill & Michele

"CBFalconer" wrote:
> ... snip irrelevancies ...
> Merrill & Michele wrote:
> > Q) How does one determine what exists on someone else's header
> > files short of actually procuring them?

> By reading the C standard, which specifies the standard headers
> that must exist and the things they must define.

I could not, in full bravado, claim that K&R shows only functions f1 and f2
declared in this standard header and that anything else is either of limited
utility or easily derived? It is, believe me, on my list to make an assault
on the full standard, but I'm not ready yet. MPJ