Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Daylight saving

Daylight saving

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:45:30 +0100, in comp.lang.c , "Malcolm"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Switch on the computer, and watch until it comes to the Sunday after the
> >equinox. If the clock skips an hour, daylight saving is enabled.

> Hightly amusing, your wife is a big hippo!

Been reading Discworld, have we, Mark?

Richard

Mark McIntyre

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:33:35 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Richard Bos) wrote:

>Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:45:30 +0100, in comp.lang.c , "Malcolm"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Switch on the computer, and watch until it comes to the Sunday after the
>> >equinox. If the clock skips an hour, daylight saving is enabled.

>> Hightly amusing, your wife is a big hippo!

>Been reading Discworld, have we, Mark?

Got 'em all on my Palmpilot, and I sit on the train each evening listening
to PM on Radio 4 (thats a news programme) and reading Pratchet, giggling
insanely every so often... guaranteed to get a seat to myself every time.
--
Mark McIntyre

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:33:35 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Bos) wrote:
>
> >Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Hightly amusing, your wife is a big hippo!

> >Been reading Discworld, have we, Mark?

> Got 'em all on my Palmpilot,

Tsk, tsk... there are no legal Pratchett e-books.

Richard

Mark McIntyre

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:31:53 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
(E-Mail Removed) (Richard Bos) wrote:

>Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:33:35 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Bos) wrote:

>> >Been reading Discworld, have we, Mark?

>> Got 'em all on my Palmpilot,

>Tsk, tsk... there are no legal Pratchett e-books.

I got 'em from some bloke selling sausages in a bun. He swore they were
legal, copied bitwise by some monks in a monastery in the ramtops.

Plus, legal wrangle coming up, I own them all on paper so I already paid...
and here rests the case for the defence. .
--
Mark McIntyre

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:31:53 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Bos) wrote:
>
> >Tsk, tsk... there are no legal Pratchett e-books.

> I got 'em from some bloke selling sausages in a bun. He swore they were
> legal, copied bitwise by some monks in a monastery in the ramtops.
>
> Plus, legal wrangle coming up, I own them all on paper so I already paid...

Hmmm... I don't think that argument will stand up in court in the UK...
It might in the Netherlands, at least if you'd made the copy yourself,
but I don't think "backup copy" falls under fair use in your country.

Of course, you're not likely to get into trouble unless you sell them
on.

Richard

How to convert a given local time to UT considering Daylight Saving Times.... Filip Lyncker C++ 3 04-05-2005 02:52 PM
Daylight saving Amitabh Deepak C++ 4 09-17-2004 12:38 PM
Daylight saving 2004-10-31 03:00 EEST/EET? NoName NoName Java 0 04-12-2004 07:21 PM
Daylight Saving time: How to identify if a given time is invalid? Pranav Kantawala Java 5 02-25-2004 06:28 PM
Converting datetimes from/to UTC/GMT including daylight saving Michael Pfeifer C++ 4 12-17-2003 09:18 PM

Advertisments