Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Too many connection issues

Reply
Thread Tools

Too many connection issues

 
 
Headtheball
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2004
I am trawling my way through all of the newsgroups and there is a serious
issue with wireless connectivity and SP2. i am certainly no professional but
through these newsgroups and the kind help of many people I am begining to
understand the vaguries of windows. Now, recently I had a completely
functioning wireless network. My business pc was running well and my kids
were happy that they could keep up with their friends through the likes of
Messenger etc, my wife could use the pc whilst I continued to work on my
laptop, Ours was a happy home. Then the windows updater decided to download
SP2. I had read that this update was a major step in pc security so I had to
accept it. Now the only pc that works is my Host PC, I cannot establish a
wireless connection for love nor money. I told my nephew that I had download
and Installed sp2 and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
professional and often gives me good advice). I wonder if I put a chitty
into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that they
would pay me? doubt it don't you?
Get it sorted for Gods sake, this is ridiculous



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Quaoar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2004

"Headtheball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trawling my way through all of the newsgroups and there is a
>serious issue with wireless connectivity and SP2. i am certainly no
>professional but through these newsgroups and the kind help of many
>people I am begining to understand the vaguries of windows. Now,
>recently I had a completely functioning wireless network. My business
>pc was running well and my kids were happy that they could keep up with
>their friends through the likes of Messenger etc, my wife could use the
>pc whilst I continued to work on my laptop, Ours was a happy home. Then
>the windows updater decided to download SP2. I had read that this
>update was a major step in pc security so I had to accept it. Now the
>only pc that works is my Host PC, I cannot establish a wireless
>connection for love nor money. I told my nephew that I had download and
>Installed sp2 and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
>professional and often gives me good advice). I wonder if I put a
>chitty into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem
>that they would pay me? doubt it don't you?
> Get it sorted for Gods sake, this is ridiculous
>
>


Is the Windows firewall working or do you have a third-party firewall?
Use only one or the other; the latter is preferable, IMO. You can try
this: Open TCP/IP properties for the connection, General tab, Advanced
properties, Options tab, TCP/IP filtering, TCP/IP filtering properties,
Check Enable and then select Permit All for all three ports/protocols.
Now, if you do not have a firewall operating, this can be a bad idea.
Kerio, ZoneAlarm, Sygate, etc, have free personal firewalls.

Q


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pavel A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-05-2004
Ok, now why you put "Too many connection issues" in the subject?

-PA

"Headtheball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
> professional and often gives me good advice).


did you asked him to do his magic and rescue you once again?

>I wonder if I put a chitty
> into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that they
> would pay me? doubt it don't you?


Of course, not. Remember that little user license agreement window when SP
started to install?

--PA


 
Reply With Quote
 
Headtheball
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004
Hi Pavel, I put too many connection issues because myself, like many others
have posted regarding this issue and there does not seem to be a straight
fix for this issue. You obviously spend a great deal of your time assisting
people like me, take a look at the NG and others on the net regarding the
xpSP2 wireless connectivity issue, then tell me how many of them have posted
back with problem solved messages, (I haven't found many). You cannot
believe the frustration it causes when after every failure I have to make
another post (not being gauranteed a reply) and then having to go through
the awful procedure of running here there and everywhere to configure
machines.
"Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, now why you put "Too many connection issues" in the subject?
>
> -PA
>
> "Headtheball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
>> professional and often gives me good advice).

>
> did you asked him to do his magic and rescue you once again?
>
>>I wonder if I put a chitty
>> into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that they
>> would pay me? doubt it don't you?

>
> Of course, not. Remember that little user license agreement window when SP
> started to install?
>
> --PA
>
>
>




 
Reply With Quote
 
TW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004
I applied SP2 about a week ago and it did indeed kill my wireless network. I
turned off the windows firewall and everything now works fine.

"Headtheball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Pavel, I put too many connection issues because myself, like many
> others have posted regarding this issue and there does not seem to be a
> straight fix for this issue. You obviously spend a great deal of your time
> assisting people like me, take a look at the NG and others on the net
> regarding the xpSP2 wireless connectivity issue, then tell me how many of
> them have posted back with problem solved messages, (I haven't found
> many). You cannot believe the frustration it causes when after every
> failure I have to make another post (not being gauranteed a reply) and
> then having to go through the awful procedure of running here there and
> everywhere to configure machines.
> "Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ok, now why you put "Too many connection issues" in the subject?
>>
>> -PA
>>
>> "Headtheball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
>>> professional and often gives me good advice).

>>
>> did you asked him to do his magic and rescue you once again?
>>
>>>I wonder if I put a chitty
>>> into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that they
>>> would pay me? doubt it don't you?

>>
>> Of course, not. Remember that little user license agreement window when
>> SP
>> started to install?
>>
>> --PA
>>
>>
>>

>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Quaoar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2004

"Headtheball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Pavel, I put too many connection issues because myself, like many
> others have posted regarding this issue and there does not seem to be
> a straight fix for this issue. You obviously spend a great deal of
> your time assisting people like me, take a look at the NG and others
> on the net regarding the xpSP2 wireless connectivity issue, then tell
> me how many of them have posted back with problem solved messages, (I
> haven't found many). You cannot believe the frustration it causes when
> after every failure I have to make another post (not being gauranteed
> a reply) and then having to go through the awful procedure of running
> here there and everywhere to configure machines.
> "Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ok, now why you put "Too many connection issues" in the subject?
>>
>> -PA
>>
>> "Headtheball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
>>> professional and often gives me good advice).

>>
>> did you asked him to do his magic and rescue you once again?
>>
>>>I wonder if I put a chitty
>>> into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that
>>> they
>>> would pay me? doubt it don't you?

>>
>> Of course, not. Remember that little user license agreement window
>> when SP
>> started to install?
>>
>> --PA
>>

Strictly speaking, it is not necessary or desirable to respond to a
troll.

Q


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how many hard drives is too many? mattcar Computer Support 6 06-29-2007 01:58 AM
How many warnings is too many? Rhino Java 33 12-22-2005 09:39 PM
How many threads are too many? rbt Python 1 06-11-2005 11:03 PM
How many threads is too many? peelman Java 12 01-15-2005 07:37 AM
Too many (small) vs. too large linked script files in a document... Dag Sunde Javascript 4 12-16-2004 11:38 PM



Advertisments