Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > cannot create wireless network at all after installing SP2

cannot create wireless network at all after installing SP2

Headtheball

I cannot create a WN at all now after installing xpsp2 on my laptop and
client computer, what the hell should I do.

Lance

Headtheball thought carefully and wrote on 9/5/2004 10:42 AM:

> I cannot create a WN at all now after installing xpsp2 on my laptop and
> client computer, what the hell should I do.

What have you tried? What OS? Exactly what error messages are you getting?

Lance
*****

Lance

Headtheball, don't take this the wrong way, but your network is a mess
and I'm sure you know that. And yes, SP2 may have something to do with
it, but only as a result of a deeper problem. Believe me, SP2 does work
exactly as expected and very well when your system is clean and free of
underlying problems.

It appears you have established network connectivity in the past, but it
goes away after awhile. Have you followed basic trouble shooting steps?
Are drivers/firmware updated? Have these computers been infected with
viruses/adware/spyware now or in the past? Anything unusual happen
during SP2 install?

If you are certain you have a clean system free of
viruses/adware/spyware, drivers/firmware are updated and all the tick
marks are as they should be, then here's what I'd do, understanding that
this may break certain software on your computer:

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNetwork.h...ock_corruption
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNetwork.h...IP_not_working

Lance
*****