Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > (OT) Stack

(OT) Stack

hack_tick

hi
sorry for benig so off topic here, but i felt that this is the right gruop
for asking this question
is there any concept like Global Stack in C ?

Joona I Palaste

hack_tick <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> hi
> sorry for benig so off topic here, but i felt that this is the right gruop
> for asking this question
> is there any concept like Global Stack in C ?

No.

"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your
relatives."
- MAD Magazine

Thomas stegen

hack_tick wrote:
> hi
> sorry for benig so off topic here, but i felt that this is the right gruop
> for asking this question
> is there any concept like Global Stack in C ?

This is not off-topic really, what you'll need to do though
is tell us what a global stack concept is. I can guess,
but that is not very helpful.

Is X available in standard C is almost always on topic you see.

--
Thomas.

Malcolm

"hack_tick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> sorry for benig so off topic here, but i felt that this is the right gruop
> for asking this question
> is there any concept like Global Stack in C ?

Virtually all C compilers use a stack to store local variables. Sometimes
function return addresses are stored on the same stack, sometimes on a
separate stack.
However a conforming compiler doesn't have to use a stack, if some other
arrangement is more efficient then that's fine by the ANSI standard.