Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > What books should I read?

What books should I read?

Jack Morgan

Recently started studying for the mcsd with ms visual c#.net (introductory
book). Where should I go from here? The books on MS's site have quite alot
of overlap. Also, what chance do i have of passing the exams by just
reading all recommended books?

Jack

Anonymous

My suggestion would be to strictly buy books suggested by
Microsoft. MS Press has a book specific to certification
you try and a specific courseware. More over good work
experience is more than enough for the exams.

Best of luck for your exams.

General Protection Fault

Are you trying to sabotage this guy?

The MSPress books suck. Go with Amit Kalani's books, published by Que.
They're all you need for 70-315, 70-316 and 70-320. This I know from
experience.

Anonymous wrote:
> My suggestion would be to strictly buy books suggested by
> Microsoft. MS Press has a book specific to certification
> you try and a specific courseware. More over good work
> experience is more than enough for the exams.
>
> Best of luck for your exams.

Blue Energy

I would recommend Microsoft's Self-Paced training kit for
MCSD. It is a great start with all the core exams
include. I used this kit to study for my MCSD.NET exams,
along with the Transcender practice exams and was able to
pass them all on the first try.

ISBN: 0-7356-1925-5
http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6716.asp

Eric Michel
MCP, MCAD, MCSD
Website: http://www.ericmichel.com
eMail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Kline Sphere

>The MSPress books suck.

I second that.

Kline Sphere

> I used this kit to study for my MCSD.NET exams,
>along with the Transcender practice exams and was able to
>pass them all on the first try.

The books suck.

You passed the exam because you already knew the topics, if not the
questions must have been remarkably those covered by Transcender.

Charlie

Hi Eric,

I have the set and am ready to start reading them.

It looks to me like I should start with the Developing Windows-Based
Applications (70-306/70-316)
I am assuming that the 70-300 stuff would incorporate info from the other
books. Is this true or are they independent of each other?

I am also cranking through Brian Siler & Jeff Spotts book, Using Visual
Basic.NET
ISBN: 0-7897-2572-X $39.99 USD, and it is great for learning VB.NET & Visual
Studio.NET.
Take this recommendation with the caveat that I've been coding in Visual C++
for several years,
and have experience with Visual Studio V6.0

"Blue Energy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:011e01c3ae09$b97fe050$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would recommend Microsoft's Self-Paced training kit for
> MCSD. It is a great start with all the core exams
> include. I used this kit to study for my MCSD.NET exams,
> along with the Transcender practice exams and was able to
> pass them all on the first try.
>
> ISBN: 0-7356-1925-5
> http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6716.asp
>
> Eric Michel
> MCP, MCAD, MCSD
> Website: http://www.ericmichel.com
> eMail: (E-Mail Removed)

Check the user ratings for the books on Amazon.com

Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
exchange MCSD books for security books MCSD Frank MCSE 0 01-12-2004 12:17 AM
Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books) Mac MCSD 2 12-17-2003 01:48 PM

Advertisments