Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > how do I add WEP key

how do I add WEP key

Headtheball

In ADD WEP key in my router settings each pair of numbers/letters is
seperated by a hyphen, when I am asked to add that same key to a client pc
using a netgear usb adapter it doesn't accept the hyphen as part of the key.
Do I just add the whole 26 number/letter combo as is or do I add aspace
between each pair?

Robban

Hi,
Don't specify spaces, hyphens or any other character in the WEP key.

/rob

"Headtheball" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In ADD WEP key in my router settings each pair of numbers/letters is
> seperated by a hyphen, when I am asked to add that same key to a client pc
> using a netgear usb adapter it doesn't accept the hyphen as part of the

key.
> Do I just add the whole 26 number/letter combo as is or do I add aspace
> between each pair?

Headtheball

thanks Rob Sorted (:>)
news:(E-Mail Removed)...