Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Failed 70-305 totally mismanaged time

Failed 70-305 totally mismanaged time

dunfailed

I just failed 70-305. To anyone taking it you need to be
really strict on time. I had 2 hours(120 mins) for 55
questions thats only 2 minutes per qustion with 10 mins to
wrpa-up/recap. I thought I'd have much more time. I had to
do the last 15 questions in 15 minutes - nightmare. Back
to the drawing board.

Also not to deflect from my own failure - the exam
location sucked big time. To anyone doing exams in Dublin,
Ireland, DO NOT take them in TQ training on Pearse St.,
noisey, crap resolution, small monitors, PC's too close
together, interruptions --- just horrible!

Leigh Kendall

I had mismanaged my time with the 70-305 as well. Totally underestimated how
much time I was spending on each question at the beginning, until I had 30
minutes and 20 questions left. Time to crank...

Better luck next time!!

--
Leigh Kendall MCSD, MCDBA

"dunfailed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a1e01c3aab6$427f13a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just failed 70-305. To anyone taking it you need to be
> really strict on time. I had 2 hours(120 mins) for 55
> questions thats only 2 minutes per qustion with 10 mins to
> wrpa-up/recap. I thought I'd have much more time. I had to
> do the last 15 questions in 15 minutes - nightmare. Back
> to the drawing board.
>
> Also not to deflect from my own failure - the exam
> location sucked big time. To anyone doing exams in Dublin,
> Ireland, DO NOT take them in TQ training on Pearse St.,
> noisey, crap resolution, small monitors, PC's too close
> together, interruptions --- just horrible!

Charlie

That's too bad but if it will help just a tiny bit, you have a lot of
company, myself included.

The way that I manage my time is by breaking the test into quarters and
writing the minutes
that should be left at each quarter interval so that I can keep pushing
myself all throughout the
test.

I answer every question even if I don't have a clue and mark it for review
later, if I have time.

I also keep track of the quality of my answers.
N - NO IDEA
M - Maybe

If I know what percentage of questions are needed to pass, I write the
number of
required correct answers down so that I know when I can ease up.
GOAL:
I've noted that some people in this group criticize those that want to know
the passing percentage
but this information helps to ease the pressure somewhat.

I hope that this info is helpful to all.

Please add more points and tips so that we all can benefit.

Enjoy,

"dunfailed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a1e01c3aab6$427f13a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just failed 70-305. To anyone taking it you need to be
> really strict on time. I had 2 hours(120 mins) for 55
> questions thats only 2 minutes per qustion with 10 mins to
> wrpa-up/recap. I thought I'd have much more time. I had to
> do the last 15 questions in 15 minutes - nightmare. Back
> to the drawing board.
>
> Also not to deflect from my own failure - the exam
> location sucked big time. To anyone doing exams in Dublin,
> Ireland, DO NOT take them in TQ training on Pearse St.,
> noisey, crap resolution, small monitors, PC's too close
> together, interruptions --- just horrible!

-

I also was running out of time for 70-315 (similar to 70-305). Among 70-316,
70-315, and 70-320; 70-315 seem to have the most long questions.

I usually break the total time allowed into two parts, or four parts, and
then make sure that I answer a certain number of questions within those time
frames.

Good luck for next time.

"dunfailed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a1e01c3aab6$427f13a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just failed 70-305. To anyone taking it you need to be
> really strict on time. I had 2 hours(120 mins) for 55
> questions thats only 2 minutes per qustion with 10 mins to
> wrpa-up/recap. I thought I'd have much more time. I had to
> do the last 15 questions in 15 minutes - nightmare. Back
> to the drawing board.
>
> Also not to deflect from my own failure - the exam
> location sucked big time. To anyone doing exams in Dublin,
> Ireland, DO NOT take them in TQ training on Pearse St.,
> noisey, crap resolution, small monitors, PC's too close
> together, interruptions --- just horrible!

dunfailed

Yeah that sounds about right, thanks for the advice. I
will have to adopt a policy like that.
I was totally chilling for the 1st half. But I was lulled
into a false sense of security I though I'd have 2 1/2
hours for the exam - thats how long the test centre told
me i'd have. Someone else on this site said the max no. of
questions would be about 50 - so i went in thinking time
wouldnt be an issue. It was.

The passing score it cited was 700, I got 644. Nuts.

Does the number of questions and time allowed vary from
sitting to sitting for 70-305???? Or will it be the same
next time round for me 55 questions 2hrs???

Davin Mickelson

> noisey, crap resolution, small monitors, PC's too close
> together, interruptions --- just horrible!

Coincidentally, these factors you describe match the environmental
requirements for Microsoft Certified Exam Providers.
I'm kidding.

You'll pass it next time. Keep your chin up.

Davin Mickelson

dunfailed

thanks!! i'm hearing that a lot of people do that. Sounds
like a plan for sure. A change of venue is also on the
cards!

Paisleyskye

Don't worry, you'll get it next time!
--