Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 515e PIX to 501 PIX - site to site vpn

515e PIX to 501 PIX - site to site vpn

Jim.Seedlenissip@gmail.com

We currently have a 515e pix at Head office connected to a remote site
(10 users) via a 505e pix.
We are planning to roll out a 501 pix to a new 5 user site. Will the
515e pix happily maintatin a 2nd site to site VPN to the 501 pix? I
am assuming the answer to be Yes, but if so is there a limit to the
number of site to site connections you can run on a 515e? What are the
limits?
Also we plan to do 3Des encryption between the 515e and 501.
Cheers

=?UTF-8?B?TWljaGHFgiBJd2Fzemtv?=

On 2007-02-22 08:45, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> We currently have a 515e pix at Head office connected to a remote site
> (10 users) via a 505e pix.
> We are planning to roll out a 501 pix to a new 5 user site. Will the
> 515e pix happily maintatin a 2nd site to site VPN to the 501 pix? I
> am assuming the answer to be Yes, but if so is there a limit to the
> number of site to site connections you can run on a 515e? What are the
> limits?

I don't know what's Your license (probably it's something about 100),
but the data sheets for 515E say, that it can make 2000 simultaneous VPN
tunnels.

--
MichaƂ Iwaszko