Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > C3550 - web console - getting 404 error

C3550 - web console - getting 404 error

Jon

I am playing around with the webconsole and access-list (or want to):

switch#sh run | include http
ip http server

When I access http://192.168.50.15/, I get a page that I can do
various things on. One line says:
Web Console - Manage the Switch through the web interface.

I click on that and I get a 404 error:
404 Not Found

The link points to:
http://192.168.50.15/homepage.htm

Any ideas?

Thanks!

flamer die.spam@hotmail.com

On Feb 15, 7:09 am, "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am playing around with the webconsole and access-list (or want to):
>
> switch#sh run | include http
> ip http server
>
> When I access http://192.168.50.15/, I get a page that I can do
> various things on. One line says:
> Web Console - Manage the Switch through the web interface.
>
> I click on that and I get a 404 error:
> 404 Not Found
>
> The link points to:http://192.168.50.15/homepage.htm
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

stab in the dark here: try https://192.168.50.15

Flamer.

Jon

On Feb 14, 3:03 pm, "flamer (E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 7:09 am, "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > I am playing around with the webconsole and access-list (or want to):

> > switch#sh run | include http
> > ip http server

> > When I access http://192.168.50.15/, I get a page that I can do
> > various things on. One line says:
> > Web Console - Manage the Switch through the web interface.

> > I click on that and I get a 404 error:
> > 404 Not Found

> > The link points to:http://192.168.50.15/homepage.htm

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks!

> stab in the dark here: tryhttps://192.168.50.15
>
> Flamer.

mmm, no, tried that already. device isnt listening on 443.

Scooby

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I am playing around with the webconsole and access-list (or want to):
>

> switch#sh run | include http
> ip http server
>
> When I access http://192.168.50.15/, I get a page that I can do
> various things on. One line says:
> Web Console - Manage the Switch through the web interface.
>
> I click on that and I get a 404 error:
> 404 Not Found
>
> The link points to:
> http://192.168.50.15/homepage.htm
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

I would venture to guess that you had updated the software on this device
and wiped the flash clean in the process. That is normal for many switches.
However, these devices have a directory for web pages on the flash. When
you update your software, you should download/use the .tar file rather than
the .bin file and use CMS to perform the process. I don't, at the moment,
have a switch that I can peek on, but if you download the IOS software in
the .tar format and extract it on your pc, you'll see what I'm talking
about. You should be able to upload the files needed to the flash card, I
just can't remember exactly what the directory structure should look like.
It may be as simple as copying the html directory to the root folder.

Hope that helps,

Jim

Jon

On Feb 14, 5:27 pm, "Scooby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>

> >I am playing around with the webconsole and access-list (or want to):

> > switch#sh run | include http
> > ip http server

> > When I access http://192.168.50.15/, I get a page that I can do
> > various things on. One line says:
> > Web Console - Manage the Switch through the web interface.

> > I click on that and I get a 404 error:
> > 404 Not Found

> > The link points to:
> >http://192.168.50.15/homepage.htm

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks!

> I would venture to guess that you had updated the software on this device
> and wiped the flash clean in the process. That is normal for many switches.
> However, these devices have a directory for web pages on the flash. When
> you update your software, you should download/use the .tar file rather than
> the .bin file and use CMS to perform the process. I don't, at the moment,
> have a switch that I can peek on, but if you download the IOS software in
> the .tar format and extract it on your pc, you'll see what I'm talking
> about. You should be able to upload the files needed to the flash card, I
> just can't remember exactly what the directory structure should look like.
> It may be as simple as copying the html directory to the root folder.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Jim

That does help and that's the problem.