Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > 70-306

70-306

Hi all,

I am going to take the 70-306 on Monday. I used the
Microsoft press book "Developing Windows Based
applications with MS Visual Basic.net and MS Visual
C#.net". I have also been referring extensively to the
MSDN Online help. I also used measureup practice tests and
some other sample tests from Braindumps.com.

Is there anything else that I need to do before I take the
exam. If anybody has any suggestions or sample questions,
can you pass it on to me.

Thanks,

Humanity

"H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0bb501c3a547$2c475800$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I am going to take the 70-306 on Monday. I used the
> Microsoft press book "Developing Windows Based
> applications with MS Visual Basic.net and MS Visual
> C#.net". I have also been referring extensively to the
> MSDN Online help. I also used measureup practice tests and
> some other sample tests from Braindumps.com.

"sample tests" !? You're just another dumper..

Curly

I passed 70-306 last week. I didn't use any sample
tests, except for the crappy one that came with the MS
Press book. But I don't take a "holier than thou"
attitude toward people who find sample tests to be
helpful. My motto is: "If it works, use it."

Anyway, one thought I would share with you is that I
thought the MS Press book for 70-306 was surprisingly
representative of the actual test. If your knowledge of
the subject areas covered in that book is solid, you'll
probably do fine on the test.

That's not to say that the MS Press books are always
good - some of them are crap.

I used that book and went through a lot of MSDN stuff to
get more detail, using the book as a guide. That pretty
much did the trick for me. I hope it does for you too -
go tear it up!

did the exam have any simulation questions ? Or was it the
usual multiple choice? Also can u tell me the number of
questions and the passing score.

Curly

I don't remember anything other than multiple choice. You
need 700 to pass - the guy at the exam site said 1000 is a
perfect score, but I've seen no official info. on that.

There were fifty some questions - the test period was
long...I think 145 minutes