Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > ip conflict

ip conflict

Headtheball

I am trying to connect three pcs together through a gateway router. I have
the host connected and my laptop, but my sons pc which uses a netgear Ma111
network adapter keeps telling me that there is an ip conflict with another
pc on the network. Now I know that the gateway is 192.168.1.1 and my host
pc is1.2 my laptop is registering as 1.3 but so is my sons. how do i resolve
this conflict? (Laymans terms please)

Bryan Martin

XP
Start->Control Panel->

Now if in classical view you will see "Network Connections". If in category
view you will need to click "Network and Internet Connections" then click
"Network Connections".

Right click on your network adapter and choose properties. Next double
click on TCP/IP. Now inside here you should make sure their is a black dot
next to "Obtain an IP address automatically". You should also set "Obtain
DNS server address automatically".

Reboot the PC and repeat to all other PC's on the network.

Bryan Martin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...