Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 2948G - Switch Default Config Restore

2948G - Switch Default Config Restore

jon1992@hotmail.com

Hi

I bought 2 2948G switches, and want to restore the default settings,
however for some reason I am unable to do it. I tried looking all over
the Cisco site and of course there is no information. I believe its a
L2 and believe me with my office, it is over kill we only have 20 or
so people and around 40 computers, but well I just wanted to play on
it since its been around 2 years since I took my CCNA.

Anyways, anyone know how to restore the default settings when you dont
know the password on a 2948G? I must warn you the info. on the Cisco
site is incorrect, it says unplug it, push the power button and replug
it in, etc. Well this unit has no power button....., Neither unit does
actually.

Thanks to all for the help in advance, its my first time using Google
Groups, hope to be able to help others in other areas.

Jon

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Jon,

You may wish to investigate Cisco's 2948G Switch Troubleshooting:

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-i...ROUBLESHOOTING

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
http://www.BradReese.Com

Smokey

> Hi
>
> I bought 2 2948G switches, and want to restore the default settings,
> however for some reason I am unable to do it. I tried looking all over
> the Cisco site and of course there is no information. I believe its a
> L2 and believe me with my office, it is over kill we only have 20 or
> so people and around 40 computers, but well I just wanted to play on
> it since its been around 2 years since I took my CCNA.
>
> Anyways, anyone know how to restore the default settings when you dont
> know the password on a 2948G? I must warn you the info. on the Cisco
> site is incorrect, it says unplug it, push the power button and replug
> it in, etc. Well this unit has no power button....., Neither unit does
> actually.
>
> Thanks to all for the help in advance, its my first time using Google
> Groups, hope to be able to help others in other areas.
>
> Jon

I believe it is the mode button under the LED's on the front interface.

jon1992@hotmail.com

Hi and thanks for the fast response. The unit does not have any
buttons, sorry if I didnt explain that good enough above. There are no
MODE or anything buttons on this unit, anywhere.

Thanks again
Jon

jon1992@hotmail.com

Brad

Thanks for the fast response, the link sent, while nice and
informative for your area, and things, it points back to the page I
was at all morning :->

I am unsure, Cisco keeps referring to turning it off and power buttons
and things and I finally located a picture or drawing of this exact
unit and the numbers are not incorrect, so its really a 2948G just it
does not show how to actually reflash the flash when there is not a
button to push and hold down anywhere, weird.

Thanks again
Jon

Brian V

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi and thanks for the fast response. The unit does not have any
> buttons, sorry if I didnt explain that good enough above. There are no
> MODE or anything buttons on this unit, anywhere.
>
> Thanks again
> Jon

Perhaps you have a 2948G-L3? If thats the case follow these instructions.
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474...t2948GL3.shtml

If it's a plain ole 2948G then boot the switch, in the first 30 seconds
there is no password, so tyoe enable then enter, if it asks for a password
hit enter again. You are now in privledged mode and can delete the config.

http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/co..._6000CatOS.htm