Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VLAN Questions

VLAN Questions

Bob Simon

I'm in the process of creating VLAN 2 on a 2950 to give guest
computers on ports 9-12 Internet access but so they can't get to any
other corporate resources. These computers will get their IP address
from DHCP running on the "outside" 3745. I've already configured the
3745 with subinterfaces and the 2950 F0/1 as a trunk.

By default, VLAN 1 is the native VLAN now. If all the 2950 ports
belong to either VLAN 1 or VLAN 2, will there be any "native"
traffic? Does it matter which VLAN is made the native one?

The 2950 is to be assigned an IP address that is part of the VLAN2
subnet. Since both VLANs are directly connected to the outside 3745,
does it matter whether I apply this address to VLAN 1 or VLAN 2? If
so, why?

Whichever VLAN I assign the IP address to, does the other VLAN need
one?

VLan OR NO VLan rahul_hotin Cisco 1 04-27-2005 04:38 AM
native vlan mismatch on 2 2924 switches w/ only 1 vlan defined (same on both switches) avraham shir-el Cisco 4 07-20-2004 08:08 AM
HI, I have some question about native vlan and default vlan. PS2 gamer Cisco 1 05-28-2004 11:47 AM
Auxiliary VLAN V VLan Neil Rowland Cisco 1 04-14-2004 02:03 PM
VLAN or Not to VLAN Paul Cisco 0 10-27-2003 06:16 PM

Advertisments