Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > No Audio after dialing (Cisco IP Communicator 1.1.4)

No Audio after dialing (Cisco IP Communicator 1.1.4)

Family of four

Hi,

Running XP, using Cisco IP communicator 1.1.4.
Everything's fine starting the softphone. It displays my phone number
properly.
When i try dialing, i'll get a dial tone, and i hear "beeps" as i
enter a phone number (say for ordering pizza). However, once i've
entered all 10 digits of the number, there was no sound on the line -
no indication of whether the call went through...
So I tried calling a friend. Again, i get a dial tone when i dial
and beeps as i entered his number. But once i'm done entering, i hear
no further sounds. The call went through, he picked up the phone on
his end, but he couldn't hear me, nor could i hear him.

Any hints/tips on how to resolve this is much appreciated. Thanks

Linda

jcounter@gmail.com

This is usually caused when there is a Routing problem between your
computer and the Call Manager.

JC

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

On 5 Feb, 21:46, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> This is usually caused when there is a Routing problem between your
> computer and the Call Manager.
>
> JC
>
> On Feb 5, 8:21 am, "Family of four" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Hi,

> > Running XP, using Cisco IP communicator 1.1.4.
> > Everything's fine starting the softphone. It displays my phone number
> > properly.
> > When i try dialing, i'll get a dial tone, and i hear "beeps" as i
> > enter a phone number (say for ordering pizza). However, once i've
> > entered all 10 digits of the number, there was no sound on the line -
> > no indication of whether the call went through...
> > So I tried calling a friend. Again, i get a dial tone when i dial
> > and beeps as i entered his number. But once i'm done entering, i hear
> > no further sounds. The call went through, he picked up the phone on
> > his end, but he couldn't hear me, nor could i hear him.

> > Any hints/tips on how to resolve this is much appreciated. Thanks

> > Linda- Hide quoted text -

The call setup is handled by your Call manager - that seems to be OK.
Then the voice data is sent between your phone and the voice gateway.

Check that your phone can communicate with the voice gateway.

Is is possible for the Call Manager and the voice gateway to
be the same device in which case it is likely to be
an access-list of firewall issue as opposed to a routing
one.

Thrill5

You are also running an old version of IP communicator. Try upgrading IP
Communicator to 2.0

Scott
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...