Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CISO acs appliance and windows certificate ...PEAP error

CISO acs appliance and windows certificate ...PEAP error

wisdom1999@gmail.com

Hi. I have a HUGE problem that i desperately need your help with. I
have installed two ACS appliances to be used for IBNS and eventually
for NAC. I want to use certificates to authenticate users. I have
windows 2003 enterprise CA setup ( 3-tier). I use the issuing CA to
generate the certificates. When i request and install the certificate
that goes though without a problem. However when i got to global
authentication and try to enable PEAP i get the following message:

Failed to initialize PEAP or EAP-TLS authentication protocol because
CA certificate is not installed. Install the CA certificate using "ACS
Certification Authority Setup" page

The certificate is installed.

I got a solution from a cisco rep here but it did not work the
solution is listed below:
Symptom:
ACS appliance will not recognize the installed certificate.

Condition:

Cisco Security Agent is running.

1. Install a certificate - GUI will report certificate as installed
and
validitiy OK.
2. Enable PEAP
3. Error appears:

Failed to initialize PEAP or EAP-TLS authentication protocol because
CA certificate is not installed. Install the CA certificate using
"ACS Certification Authority Setup" page.

Workaround:
Disable Cisco Security Agent and repeat the installation procedure.
It will succeed.
Re-enable Cisco Security Agent.

I desperately need your help in solving this. I have no idea what else
to try. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Regards

Thrill5

You are hitting "Install Certificate" twice. After you enter the file name
for the certificate to install hit "Install Certificate", the next screen
will show the certificate details and the certificate is now installed. At
this point you are hitting the "Install Certificate" button again, and
deleting the certificate you just installed. I just went through this, and
the screens are not very intuitive.

Scott.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi. I have a HUGE problem that i desperately need your help with. I
> have installed two ACS appliances to be used for IBNS and eventually
> for NAC. I want to use certificates to authenticate users. I have
> windows 2003 enterprise CA setup ( 3-tier). I use the issuing CA to
> generate the certificates. When i request and install the certificate
> that goes though without a problem. However when i got to global
> authentication and try to enable PEAP i get the following message:
>
> Failed to initialize PEAP or EAP-TLS authentication protocol because
> CA certificate is not installed. Install the CA certificate using "ACS
> Certification Authority Setup" page
>
> The certificate is installed.
>
> I got a solution from a cisco rep here but it did not work the
> solution is listed below:
> Symptom:
> ACS appliance will not recognize the installed certificate.
>
> Condition:
>
> Cisco Security Agent is running.
>
> 1. Install a certificate - GUI will report certificate as installed
> and
> validitiy OK.
> 2. Enable PEAP
> 3. Error appears:
>
> Failed to initialize PEAP or EAP-TLS authentication protocol because
> CA certificate is not installed. Install the CA certificate using
> "ACS Certification Authority Setup" page.
>
> Workaround:
> Disable Cisco Security Agent and repeat the installation procedure.
> It will succeed.
> Re-enable Cisco Security Agent.
>

> I desperately need your help in solving this. I have no idea what else
> to try. Thanks in advance for your expertise.
>

> Regards

Cannot login from ACS Admin -Cisco ACS 3.1 Sakirana Karabudak Cisco 5 12-16-2009 04:49 PM
ADSL Modem and Ciso Pix 501 Yogiz Cisco 0 10-22-2007 01:06 PM
Cisco ACS Appliance Certificate dempsey.bill@gmail.com Cisco 1 05-14-2007 05:06 PM
CISO C3550 Switch Drake Cisco 1 09-18-2006 10:50 AM
Ciso Racks Blacksayien Cisco 3 11-25-2005 04:21 AM

Advertisments