Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > The use of HDLC in Frame relay?

The use of HDLC in Frame relay?

sora

I am a newbie in data communication and now i take the this subject
this semester.

Here are the questions that i cant understand?
1). How is the data communication in frame relay using High-level data
link control (HDLC)? How it
transfer and related to each other?

2). What is the relationship of frame relay in OSI model? Frame-relay
only uses OSI layer1 and layer2 right? but, why is it considered
a "connection-oriented protocol"?

3). What is the frame format of HDLC in frame relay?

Actually this kind of questions make me mad and confuse!
Can anyone knows or answering to me to the questions above?

If possible gives me link or articles that discuss about this kind of
information!
Thanks!!!

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
sora <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I am a newbie in data communication and now i take the this subject
>this semester.

>3). What is the frame format of HDLC in frame relay?

I entered the keywords

frame format HDLC frame relay

into google, and several of the first several hits looked like
they would answer the question.

www.BradReese.Com

Per Walter's excellent suggestion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDLC