Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Policy based routing on a ASA

Policy based routing on a ASA

Brian V

Hey guys,

We know the ASA can do ISP failover using object tracking/SLA combo, but
has anyone seen anything regarding policy based routing on it? Got a
customer insisting that it can be done, that he was shown a config for it.
He coincidently doesn't have that so called config....I've been high and low
on CCO and can't find squat about it....

Thanks,
-Brian

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Brian,

You cannot do policy based routing on the ASA even with the highest
available license, because policy based routing is not supported on
the ASA or PIX.

Also, don't get confused when you see the "route-map" command option
in PIX 6.3 and higher.

This command is applicable only when redistributing routes into OSPF.

Pix 6.3 Command Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1017196

Pix 7.2 Command Reference

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...ref/qr_711.htm

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
http://www.BradReese.Com

Brian V

"www.BradReese.Com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi Brian,
>
> You cannot do policy based routing on the ASA even with the highest
> available license, because policy based routing is not supported on
> the ASA or PIX.
>
> Also, don't get confused when you see the "route-map" command option
> in PIX 6.3 and higher.
>
> This command is applicable only when redistributing routes into OSPF.
>
> Pix 6.3 Command Reference:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1017196
>
> Pix 7.2 Command Reference
>
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...ref/qr_711.htm
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Brad Reese
> http://www.BradReese.Com

Thank Brad, thats my thinking as well.

intervlan routing and policy routing C3750 or C 4948 Sied@r Cisco 3 10-20-2005 08:42 PM
Policy Based Routing Scot Cisco 6 04-08-2005 12:57 PM
policy based routing problem Ivana Cisco 11 03-24-2005 11:09 AM
policy based routing on 4006 L3 switch with vlans prosthetic head Cisco 3 03-05-2004 07:20 PM
Cheapest Router With Three Ethernets and Policy Based Routing CHANGE USERNAME TO westes Cisco 6 12-17-2003 09:36 PM

Advertisments