Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > mrtg and catalyst 3750 stack

mrtg and catalyst 3750 stack

mmark75

i have just installed mrtg 2.15.1 to monitor vlan1 and one Fiber
uplink port on my cisco catalyst 3750, 2 switch, stack. It was
installed per instructions and i'm not getting it to gather any
data(it displays the web pages but with no data gathered). I have
enabled all snmp traps on the switch and the mrtg.cfg has created an
entry for vlan1 and every port on the switch. Any more i need to look
at here to gather data. Thanks

headsetadapter.com

I have experienced that MRTG does not show any data when you monitor VLAN.
Try to monitor physical interface instead.

Sincerely,

Mike
------
PC Headset Adapters for a Cisco IP Phone
www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

On Feb 2, 10:17 am, "headsetadapter.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have experienced that MRTG does not show any data when you monitor VLAN.
> Try to monitor physical interface instead.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike
> ------
> PC Headset Adapters for a Cisco IP Phonewww.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
>
> "mmark75" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>

> >i have just installed mrtg 2.15.1 to monitor vlan1 and one Fiber
> > uplink port on my cisco catalyst 3750, 2 switch, stack. It was
> > installed per instructions and i'm not getting it to gather any
> > data(it displays the web pages but with no data gathered). I have
> > enabled all snmp traps on the switch and the mrtg.cfg has created an
> > entry for vlan1 and every port on the switch. Any more i need to look
> > at here to gather data. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Yes - thanks. I am more interested in the interface stats than
vlan1. It is coming up with no data for the interface as well.
Should it start gathering data right after installation with nothing
more than me specifiying a snmp community string on the switch. Thanks

chris

"mmark75" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Feb 2, 10:17 am, "headsetadapter.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I have experienced that MRTG does not show any data when you monitor
>> VLAN.
>> Try to monitor physical interface instead.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Mike
>> ------
>> PC Headset Adapters for a Cisco IP Phonewww.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
>>
>> "mmark75" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>

>> >i have just installed mrtg 2.15.1 to monitor vlan1 and one Fiber
>> > uplink port on my cisco catalyst 3750, 2 switch, stack. It was
>> > installed per instructions and i'm not getting it to gather any
>> > data(it displays the web pages but with no data gathered). I have
>> > enabled all snmp traps on the switch and the mrtg.cfg has created an
>> > entry for vlan1 and every port on the switch. Any more i need to look
>> > at here to gather data. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

> Yes - thanks. I am more interested in the interface stats than
> vlan1. It is coming up with no data for the interface as well.
> Should it start gathering data right after installation with nothing
> more than me specifiying a snmp community string on the switch. Thanks

What happens when you run the config file? Are there any errors? How often
does MRTG poll the device? Are there any valves in the log files?

Can you post the cfg file?

Chris.